Chapter 63

Is it wrong to be greedy and lustful?

Li Suimo spent two days reflecting and ultimately concluded that at least she wanted both.

Li Suimo pulled her hair back into a braid, revealing her smooth forehead.

It was autumn, and she shone like a beacon, radiating the light of the morning and dusk.

She wore a simple makeup and a vintage-style plain long dress with a pair of small leather shoes, but she still caught the attention of many people, including Fu Yanxiao.

"You've lost weight," Fu Yanxiao said, pinching Li Suimo's waist.

Li Suimo smiled and walked alongside Fu Yanxiao, asking, "Who came today?"

"Everyone who should have come is here, and even those who shouldn't have come," Fu Yanxiao replied, pointing to Qin Zhan and Gu Linxi.

"Oh, it's her," Li Suimo said nonchalantly.

"Aren't you jealous when you see your love rival?" Fu Yanxiao asked, puzzled by Li Suimo's calmness.

Li Suimo rubbed her eyes, which instantly turned red, and asked, "Are they red?"

"Be careful not to ruin your makeup," Fu Yanxiao replied.

Li Suimo laughed and patted Fu Yanxiao's shoulder, saying, "It's okay. Qin Zhan and I have already settled our relationship. Everyone knows that I am Qin's daughter-in-law, and Gu Linxi is just a rumored girlfriend. Those second-generation heirs don't have many romantic experiences, so I don't care."

"That's not me. I only accept wholehearted love," Fu Yanxiao said, shaking her head.

Li Suimo patted Fu Yanxiao again and said, "We're here. Let's talk later."

On the second floor of a private hospital, the news of the critical illness of the elderly member of the Zhong family spread to the four major families: Qin, Fu, Li, and a few scattered members of the Zhong family.

Li Suimo stood at the end of the line closest to the corridor, surrounded by the grandchildren of the old man and Grandma Qin.

When the sound of sobbing came, Li Suimo slowly withdrew her thoughts.

Someone called her, and Li Suimo was pushed to the front row.

The old man in the hospital bed was emaciated and wore an oxygen mask, making it difficult for him to speak.

He barely raised his hand and patted the bed, and Grandma Qin pressed Li Suimo's shoulder to make her crouch down beside the bed.

"Grandpa Zhong," Li Suimo said.

As soon as she opened her mouth, Li Suimo realized her fear of death.

Her throat was hoarse, and she even lost her voice for a moment.

Grandpa Zhong: "I won't be able to see your and Zhan'er's wedding..."

Li Suimo forced a smile, avoiding the old man's gaze.

As soon as she lowered her head, she felt someone stroke her head, and a shadow fell over her.

A faint fragrance came, and it was Qin Qing who had arrived.

Qin Qing: "Take care."

Grandpa Zhong nodded slowly, and there were sighs all around.

The Zhong family was on the verge of extinction.

The four major families had all prospered, but the Zhong family had been so low-key that it seemed to not exist at all.

They lived on a remote island, and even contacting them was troublesome.