Chapter 51

"Why are your clothes wet?" Qin Qing asked.

The window at the end of the corridor was open and the wind was making the window frame creak.

Li Suimo shrank back and Qin Qing pushed her back into the room.

Once inside, Li Suimo noticed that Qin Qing had another candlestick in her hand.

"The electricity will come back on soon," Qin Qing said as she helped Li Suimo light the candles.

"Did the power go out because of the heavy rain?" Li Suimo asked.

Qin Qing nodded. "The backup generator will be activated soon. You should go change your clothes."

Li Suimo replied, "Okay," thinking to herself how observant Qin Qing was.

In the dim candlelight, Li Suimo searched for her clothes in the room but couldn't find them.

She called out, "It's too dark, I can't see."

Qin Qing handed her a candlestick and left the room.

As Li Suimo changed, the backup power kicked in and the room was lit up again.

This was the only residential area near the wetland park, and in the heavy rain, Qin Bay was like a lone boat in the ocean.

At 2 am, Li Suimo was about to go to bed when she received a message from her mother on WeChat, "Momo, I've been thinking for days. Maybe you shouldn't get married." Before Li Suimo could respond, the message was deleted.

Her friend messaged her, "Hey, did you fall asleep? My mom and aunt just finished playing cards."

Li Suimo turned off her phone and drifted off to sleep, thinking about how Qin Qing had been treating her nicely lately.

The next morning, Li Suimo had breakfast with Liu Ruo and Qin Qing.

Liu Ruo quickly made space for her to sit next to her.

Liu Ruo felt guilty for not being there for her when Gu Linxi arrived a few days ago.

Liu Ruo peeled an egg for her and placed it in her bowl. Li Suimo smiled and thanked her before passing it to Qin Qing. "Thanks for bringing me candles last night, Sister Qin Qing," she said.

Qin Qing nodded and quickly finished her breakfast before leaving the table.

Li Suimo quickly finished her breakfast and followed her.

"Sister Qin--"

"What's up?" Qin Qing stopped and turned around, her eyes cold.

"I want to hitch a ride," said Li Suimo.

"Wipe your mouth." Qin Qing handed her a handkerchief and pointed to the corner of Li Suimo's mouth.

"...," Li Suimo remained silent.

Unpredictable! Moody! Yin and yang...

Forget it!

The car raced off, and Li Suimo held up an exquisitely embroidered handheld mirror and checked her mouth for any remaining rice grains.

Her ears turned red. "Thank you."

In a mosquito-sized voice, Qin Qing leaned on her chin and looked out the window, bored.

This person had changed again.

She had come to light candles for her in the middle of the night, so gentle that it was unbelievable, but this morning she had turned into an icy frost again.

Li Suimo: "..."

Wasn't it the same for a person in the day and at night?

Li Suimo grabbed a handful of her skirt on her knees. As far as she could recall, the book had not mentioned that Qin Qing had a split personality!