Chapter 50

The skin was cut open by a sharp blade, blood pouring out and gathering into a pool that dripped onto the floor.

"Damn it!"

Hou Kai was kicked away by Qin Yaohua.

He helped up Qin Zhan, who touched his face and found it covered in blood.

"Qin Zhan!" Gu Linxi rushed over. "You--"

Li Suimo broke free from Qin Qing and followed behind, startled by Qin Zhan's appearance, tears welling up in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

His face contorted in pain, he shook his head.

Gu Linxi gritted her teeth and handed him some tissue to wipe the blood.

Qin Qing contacted a doctor while Mrs. Huo collapsed on the ground, no longer worried about Hou Kai, but instead frightened by the injury on Qin Zhan's face.

"Zhan'er! Zhan'er! Hou Kai didn't mean it..."

Mrs. Hou and Hou Kai were held down by bodyguards.

Li Suimo felt guilty and pulled Qin Zhan aside, apologizing incoherently.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault..."

Qin Zhan covered his injured left cheek, looking at Li Suimo in a daze.

"Qin Zhan..." Li Suimo's emotions surged.

In the original book, Qin Zhan risked his life to protect the original owner and it was this incident that made the original owner more determined to get engaged to Qin Zhan. "Why bother..."

"Momo," Qin Zhan suddenly whispered. "Let's stop here."

Li Suimo was taken aback, tears streaming down her eyes, falling onto the back of the hand that Qin Zhan was using to wipe the blood.

He gently brushed them away and said softly, "I'm okay."

Gu Linxi stood by, not knowing when the tissue in her hand had been taken away by Li Suimo.

She felt like an outsider in the Qin family.

"Why act tough? What if you disfigure yourself?" Suddenly, Gu Linxi took a few steps forward, tears in her eyes, her palm lightly patting Qin Zhan's chest.

Qin Zhan pressed the hand that Gu Linxi had used to push against her chest.

The two of them were as intimate as lovers.

Li Suimo suddenly erupted, pulling Gu Linxi away. "Gu Linxi! What are you doing, acting lovey-dovey in front of me?"

"I was just too anxious..." Gu Linxi's face turned pale, struggling a few times.

"The doctor is here." Qin Qing walked over and suddenly interrupted the dispute.

Li Suimo glared at Gu Linxi, pressing Qin Zhan to sit on the sofa.

Gu Linxi followed, wanting to bandage Qin Zhan's wounds herself, but was slapped away by Li Suimo. "You? You want to disfigure Qin Zhan?"

Gu Linxi hung her head, silent and helpless.

Li Suimo gritted her teeth.

When it came to acting weak, she couldn't compare to the female lead in the book.

Gu Linxi had always been plain-looking and not as beautiful as Li Suimo, her eyes not as bright either.

However, in some ways, she had an advantage over Li Suimo in certain negative aspects.

Li Suimo wiped away the tears from the corner of her eyes. "Stay away from me, all of this is because of you!"

Qin Zhan frowned. "Momo."