Chapter 69

"When your younger sister-in-law is naturally dissatisfied," Zhao Yi laughed, holding a wine glass and sitting next to Qin Qing.

She glanced sideways at the boy, who immediately stepped back two steps.

Qin Qing glanced over and laughed, taking the wine Zhao Yi handed over.

"Do you really like him?" Zhao Yi said, her long arm circling around the back of the sofa, possessively and protectively encircling Qin Qing.

The boy pursed his lips and suddenly became awkward.

Qin Qing: "No."

Zhao Yi laughed, "You heard her, go away."

The boy lowered his head and stood up, leaving the private room.

"Are you playing around now too?" Zhao Yi asked.

Qin Qing clinked glasses with her and said lightly, "If no one's watching, who are we performing for?"

Zhao Yi let go of her hand and moved to the side to make space.

Qin Qing looked at her and asked, "Are you afraid of me too?"

"Taking care of your cleanliness, perhaps?" Zhao Yi sensed Qin Qing's unease and said, "Are you afraid of Li Suimo?"

Qin Qing nodded and took a sip of wine.

Zhao Yi glanced at her and said, "Look at you now."

Qin Qing snorted, "David's on the phone, one moment."

She got up and went to answer the phone, pushing open the private room door and walking to a quieter spot. "David?"

David sounded a bit anxious. "Qin Qing, the invitations have been printed, do you want more?"

Qin Qing replied, "Thank you."

David sighed, feeling guilty. "Sorry, Qin Qing, you arranged everything the day the invitations were burned, and I..."

Qin Qing hung up the phone and then dialed Li Suimo's number.

She had to call twice before she picked up, and her voice was lazy and tired. "Hello."

"Momo."

"It's me," Qin Qing said.

The other end was quiet for a moment.

Qin Qing's fingers unconsciously tightened, turning white, and her lips were almost pursed into a straight line.

Qin Qing: "About the invitation cards."

"Well, I know," Li Suimo said with an indifferent tone. "It was all done by Qin Zhan... do you think he feels guilty for what he did?"

Qin Zhan wouldn't, but she would.

However, she didn't regret it.

Qin Qing answered in her heart, but changed the topic with her mouth: "I have suppressed the news, and the new invitation will be handed to the guests who come to observe the ceremony within two days."

Li Suimo asked, "New invitation?"

Qin Qing said softly, "David is in charge of it. I haven't had a chance to tell you before this happened."

On the phone, Li Suimo sat up from the bed with the velvet blanket sliding down to her waist and softly said, "You..."

"What's wrong?" Qin Qing's voice fell into her ears with a low and tempting tone.

Li Suimo's ears felt itchy and numb, so she had to hold her phone farther away.

Qin Qing was lying through her teeth...