Chapter 102: Surrender to your tenderness (1)

"See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Qin Qing smiled and leaned over to brush Li Suimo's cheek.

"Qin, Professor Qin..." Li Suimo stuttered.

Qin Qing made a sound of acknowledgement and curved her fingers around the side of Li Suimo's face, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Are you going to the crew group tomorrow?" Qin Qing asked.

"Mhm, I'll go tomorrow," Li Suimo replied.

Qin Qing nodded and then leaned down to retrieve a thick stack of documents from the car.

Li Suimo looked at the pile of papers and remained silent.

"You can work if you want, but don't neglect your studies," Qin Qing said as she handed the papers to Li Suimo.

The weight of the papers made Li Suimo's arms sink. She held the papers tightly as Qin Qing looked at her with a content expression.

"Go ahead," Qin Qing said.

Li Suimo carried her things and made her way upstairs. The stack of papers was at the bottom, with the newly-signed contract on top.

She fidgeted with the papers in her hands and then headed straight for the window when she entered her room.

Outside, Qin Qing was still there, standing in the wind with her fingertips emitting sparks.

Li Suimo bit her lip, feeling a jumble of emotions.

Her gaze fell on the magazines on her desk.

The cleaning lady would collect the evening news every day and dispose of the old newspapers regularly.

On one of the newspapers, there was a photo of Qin Qing caught in the crowd, featured prominently on the page.

The woman's face was turned to the side, seemingly mocking the camera.

Li Suimo was taken aback as she picked up the newspaper.

She remembered that Qin Qing disliked cameras and had only given a few interviews for magazines in the past.

Since their engagement, however, she no longer avoided cameras.

In the sea of paper scraps that flew around the city, almost everything was about the Qin family.

But... without her... without Li Suimo... it was almost all about Qin Qing...

Li Suimo felt dejected.

The plot had come to an end, but Qin Qing did not oppress or exclude her as the original owner had experienced.

The insults and slander that were supposed to be directed at the original owner were almost entirely shouldered by this one person.

Looking out the window at the city lights, Li Suimo stood there with a complicated expression.

Suddenly, Qin Qing looked up.

Even though they were too far away to see each other clearly, Li Suimo's heart skipped a beat.

If she didn't return to the city, she could stay in A City and enjoy a relatively peaceful life away from Qin Qing.

But if she returned to the city, Qin Qing would do everything in her power to make her strong enough to withstand all criticism.

Li Suimo abruptly pulled the curtains shut.

Her heart was pounding, and she felt as though something was about to burst out at any moment.

It was as though there were two voices whispering in her ear.