Chapter 62

By mid-month, the autumn tiger had passed, and the city was entering an endless rainy season, as if wanting to give the dry land a thorough watering after half a year of drought.

Once it started raining, it seemed like it would never stop.

Li Suimo closed the window, shutting out all the sounds of the wind and rain.

She turned around and noticed that the power in Qin Bay had gone out again.

She wrapped herself tightly in her coat and went downstairs, where several maids were lighting candles in the living room.

Li Suimo was surprised. "Why so many candles?"

Aunt Zhong smiled. "The key to the electrical room was taken by Lao Lu, who is in charge of the storage room. We won't have power tonight. Lighting candles will make it easier for those who need to go up and down the stairs or stay late for work."

Li Suimo sighed and asked, "Why do the power outages keep happening? Why don't we fix the electrical circuits in Qin Bay?"

Aunt Zhong replied, "This is an old house. To completely rewire the electrical circuits, it would take at least a month. Madam is sentimental and finds it troublesome. We've been putting it off for many years now. Every time it rains heavily, the power goes out."

Li Suimo smiled wryly.

In the hall, she lit a candle that was ten steps away.

The dim light flickered, and surprisingly, it felt warm.

Aunt Zhong directed everyone to be careful not to knock anything over, saying, "Be careful, be careful, don't wake up Madam Liu Ruo and Zhan'er upstairs."

To prevent the candles from falling and igniting the carpet, Aunt Zhong specially used candlesticks with lampshades to control the flames.

Now she was not worried about fire, only worried that something might fall and wake up Liu Ruo and Qin Zhan upstairs.

"Why did you come down, Miss Li? Was it too noisy for you?" Aunt Zhong asked.

Li Suimo smoothed her coat, revealing a short skirt with a spaghetti strap underneath.

Her long legs and arms were exposed, and she looked like she would fall over with a gust of wind.

"I didn't close the window, and the wind woke me up," Li Suimo said with a smile.

"Miss Li, has the food not been to your liking lately? Why do I feel like you've lost weight?" Aunt Zhong asked.

Li Suimo pinched her own face and asked, "Really?"

The servants gathered around her and carefully examined her.

Her face had become much smaller, and although it wasn't very noticeable before, it suddenly became apparent now that her baby fat had disappeared.

"What happened? Why did you lose weight so quickly?"

"Getting skinny so fast?"

"I'll make a new recipe tomorrow. You can't keep going like this..."

Li Suimo laughed heartily, her outer garment sliding off her shoulders and then she caught it again.

Despite the heavy rain, the business on the bar street was still booming.

In the rain curtain, the hazy lights could steam up some mist from the rain, and from a distance, with the raindrops falling on the asphalt road and splashing up, the whole environment seemed like a dream.

"What are you looking at?" Zhao Yi walked over with a drink, and her elbow rested on Qin Qing's shoulder.

Qin Qing lifted her chin slightly, raised the bottom of her cup, her thin lips parted, and the red wine flowed into her lungs.