Chapter 6

"WHAT'S THERE ZENITSU?!", Tanjiro asked before taking out his sword and taking the position as if he's ready to attack. Zenitsu just hides behind Nezuko while crying, who was ready to attack what was in the dark.

Giyuu also takes a defensive position, covering Sanemi and Inosuke. Inosuke took out his sword but Sanemi, instead of being ready to attack or defend, he just stared at Giyuu.

Is he defending me?? .... What a joke! I am stronger than him.... Sanemi thought before pushing Giyuu out of the way. "Don't act as if I am a child.", Sanemi ordered to Giyuu who was held by Nezuko so that he wouldn't fall. Then, only for a second, Sanemi was sure, he saw the hurt in Giyuu's eyes and they were back again as if suppressing all the feelings.
Sanemi felt bad but he just ignored it and took out his katana to attack whatever was there.

But, to everyone's surprise, it was just a small bird, whose nest was fallen off the tree. "Tsk.... Such cowards", Sanemi said and sheathed his sword before leaving all of them behind, while he was going, he saw from the corner of his eyes that Tanjiro slowly picked the nest off the ground and kept it in a high branch with the help of Giyuu. It just annoyed him, he didn't know why but at that moment he wanted to stab Tanjiro with his katana and probably kill him right then and there.

Soon, all of them reached to the river, when they reached there, it was late at night, so they didn't have much time but they were all ready.

"How are we gonna confirm if the demon is here or not?", asked Sanemi, clearly annoyed.

Giyuu didn't say anything but just went to the river and dipped his hand in the water.

"OI! YOU FOOL!!", Sanemi ran to Giyuu as he remembered that there was poison in the water but before he could do something waves surrounded Giyuu, as if trying to drown him but before the water could even touch him, Giyuu jumped back.

"WHAT THE H*** WAS THAT?!!", a rough and harsh voice came from the river. All of them just stared at the river, as slowly a demon emerged from it, wailing in pain.

"Wisteria....", Sanemi whispered to himself while looking at the slight purple in the water, shining in the moonlight.

"Water breathing, first form : Water Surface Slash", Giyuu said before launching at the demon and aiming at its neck but to his surprise, the attack went through the demon without damaging it. Everyone there was surprised by it.

"Wind breathing, first form : Dust Whirlwind Cutter", after this, Sanemi directly went towards the demon's neck and slashed it successfully, but again, the demon's head regrew within just some minutes. "WHAT THE F***?!", Sanemi cursed as he saw the regrowth of the headless demon.

"Beast breathing, Sixth Fang: Palisade Bite!", Inosuke said. "Water breathing, fourth form : Striking tide", Tanjiro said at the same time. Both of them slashed the demon's body in many pieces but it was as if they were cutting water. No matter how the attacked, it was in vain.

"We are gone for sure ....", Zenitsu said with tears in his eyes as he saw all of his friends and Hashiras fail to kill the demon.

Can I get some Votes, please??? 🥺🥺