Chapter 20

Sanemi soon went up using the tree. When he reached up, he saw that Giyuu's normally calm and composed self was breaking, he looked almost angry and upset.

"Zenitsu, Inosuke, you both, go to the forest near the hill, there's a chance that there are demon's there, me and Shinazugawa san will go up.", Giyuu said and Inosuke who usually have a tendency to fight back, just complied and Zenitsu also went with him.

"Why the h*** did you send them there?! There's a demon up there!", Sanemi yelled at Giyuu after watching both of them left and couldn't hear them.

"They won't stand a chance to survive, now let's go", was all Giyuu said before dashing off somewhere as if he clearly knew the way. Sanemi just followed him without a word, finding Giyuu's explanation valid.

After a while, they reached in an area where there was blood all over, many wood pieces of a hut scattered all over, the whole snow painted red. At this scene, they both took out their sword and went near the ruins, hearing small grunts.

When they went near, what they saw turned their whole blood cold. Nezuko was there, trapped in the ruins, with her head bleeding and huge cut on her cheek.

"Nezuko!", Giyuu exclaimed, kneeling in front of her. Sanemi shushed him.

"Keep your voice low, I'll lift it up, pull her out", Sanemi said looking at the big piece of wood Nezuko was trapped under. Giyuu just nodded at that.

Sanemi lifted the wood and Giyuu pulled Nezuko out in a swift motion, placing her head on his lap as he watched that her legs were cut off.

Sanemi almost pitied her at that moment, thinking she was attacked by a merciless demon but then again he remembered, Nezuko could regenerate her body parts.

But that didn't seem the case with Giyuu, he looked almost lifeless at that, as if he felt the pain Nezuko felt. A drop of tear escaping his eyes which were covered in his hairs. Sanemi was shocked to see the emotionless freak cry for a demon.

But Nezuko just wiped Giyuu's tears and hummed something. Sanemi rolled his eyes, mocking Nezuko in his mind at how she was expecting Giyuu to understand the hums.

"You can regenerate?", Giyuu asked Nezuko as if he understood what she said. Nezuko nodded at that and again hummed something.

Giyuu slowly let Nezuko go and stood up, Sanemi was shocked as to how clearly Giyuu understood Nezuko.

"Tanjiro is in the woods", Giyuu said looking at his left. Sanemi hummed and looked at Nezuko's lower body, wanted to see the regeneration. But before he could, Giyuu used his Haori to cover Nezuko till her neck and dashing towards the woods. Sanemi looked at Giyuu but Giyuu ignored his stare and said," It's inappropriate."

"HEY! IT'S NO--", Sanemi was going to explain but Giyuu already left.

Soon they heard fighting noises, a portion of forest ruined. There they saw Tanjiro on the ground with blood all over him, injured and a blonde demon in red clothes in front of him with a fan.

They saw that the demon was going to attack Tanjiro's neck with his fan and without a thought Giyuu went for the Demon's neck. Unfortunately the demon was way too fast and dodged the attack and Giyuu was just able to slice it's forehead.

"Oh my my~ if it isn't a Hashira ~", the demon said in a fake sweet voice, rainbow eyes which had uppermoon 2 engraved in them.

Giyuu stood in front of Tanjiro while Sanemi hid in the forest, finding the best time to sneak attack.