Chapter 67

"Isn't he coming with us?", Sanemi asked Giyuu when he realised they both were walking without Urokodaki following them.

"No, he'll be joining us from the next week.", Giyuu answered.

"All we have to do is climb up and down the mountain, right?", Sanemi asked as the mountain came into sight.

Giyuu nodded and left Sanemi's Haori.

"Let's get over with this quickly then!", Sanemi said ran towards the mountain.

"WAIT!", Giyuu tried to stop Sanemi but it was already too late, Sanemi had fallen into a hole on the ground.

"WHAT THE F***?!", Sanemi yelled.

"I told you to wait.", Giyuu sighed and helped Sanemi to come out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So you're now telling me there are traps in here?", Sanemi pointed towards the way and Giyuu nodded.

"I am giving up. I'm injured I can't deal with such s*** now.", Sanemi muttered and tried to sit.

"Master said to go together, I can't go alone, I'll be here, don't worry.", Giyuu said and Sanemi thought for a second.

Me and him alone, in the forest, no one here, it's an opportunity.... "Fine! Let's go then.", Sanemi said and held Giyuu's hand who blushed at the contact.

"There are strings everywhere, even if you step on them, they'll break and then the traps will be activated.", Giyuu explained to Sanemi.

"Trap like what?", Sanemi asked.

"Like the one on your left.", Giyuu said and took one step back.

"Wh--", before Sanemi could ask something, a huge log of wood swung just before his face.

"This is what I meant.", Giyuu said.

".... I would rather receive treatment from Kocho.", Sanemi said, petrified.

"You can't. Now come, we have to do this soon, Genji is with master.", Giyuu said and started going forward.

"I am not going any further! I'll die!", Sanemi exclaimed, he thought the traps were to just slow them down but they were literally there to kill them and Sanemi didn't want to die while taking treatment.

"Just a little more?", Giyuu asked, hoping Sanemi will agreed but the later was determined to go back alive.

Giyuu sighed."It's fine, we have a week for this.", Giyuu started going back.

"Wait .... What?", Sanemi looked at Giyuu who was going back.

"Master said that it'll take you a week of training and determination to cross the mountain.", Giyuu said and Sanemi looked at him with a look of betrayal.

"You're telling me this now?", White haired Hashira asked the black haired Hashira.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this.", Giyuu looked at Sanemi and left.

Sanemi sighed and gave a last glance towards the mountain before leaving behind Giyuu.

After reaching back

"Couldn't do it?", Urokodaki asked when he saw Giyuu and Sanemi.

Giyuu just sighed and Sanemi looked down.

"It's fine, Genji is waiting for you both.", Urokodaki said but both the Hashiras sensed the disappointment in him voice.

Giyuu and Sanemi then went in without any other word. As soon as Genji saw Giyuu, he jumped on Giyuu who caught him with a small smile. Sanemi looked at Giyuu, even if Giyuu was smiling, Sanemi could see that the smile wasn't geniune. Without any word, Sanemi went to the shared room of him and Giyuu.