Chapter 22

"Hinokami Kagura", Tanjiro said, breathed and went towards the demon, successfully slicing off it's hand. Giyuu attacked after him," Water breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash". Just like this the demon's second hand was also sliced.

Sanemi then attacked," Wind breathing, First Form : Dust Whirlwind Cutter", but unfortunately, he was not able to cut the demon's neck off, he was only able to slice off half of it before the demon went away.

"You are all doing good now, no?", the demon asked, still smiling, "Lemme change that", suddenly, there were 2 ice statues of demon, attacking at them, with snow bullets, but surprisingly, they were not aiming for Giyuu.

Sanemi, Tanjiro and Nezuko were dodging the bullet but Tomioka was standing in his place only, staring at Douma in rage. Douma sensed the stare on him and slowly came to Giyuu, caressing his face.

"You look just like a girl .... I only eat women but you can be an exception, you have such a petite frame, such small waist.", Douma grabbed Giyuu's waist. " How about becoming a member of my cult?~ You can stay alive, not like those people", Douma came behind Giyuu while whispering in his ears and slowly turned Giyuu's face towards Sanemi, Tanjiro and Nezuko, dodging the bullets.

"Ridiculous!", Giyuu exclaimed and started fighting the demon.

"Oh~ I thought you were a little more intelligent, but seems like the opposite.", Douma said, looking at Giyuu, who was attacking him.

Suddenly, Douma's head was cut in half, from his head to his neck from behind.

"Why the h*** is his neck so tough?!", Sanemi said and went next to Giyuu while Douma healed.

"Help the head butting kid and his sister", Sanemi said to Giyuu and Giyuu nodded and complied, already too disgusted to fight with Douma.

"Seems like you both are thing, no?~", Douma asked Sanemi, looking at Giyuu defending Tanjiro and Nezuko.

"Nah! But he's f****** mine and you touched him, I'll kill you.", Sanemi said, even when he knew, he couldn't do it. The demon was way too strong, he looked everywhere and he knew, if he wanted to kill the demon, he has to expose the demon to sunlight, but there was no sunlight here and the only thing he could do was hold the demon down, so that everyone else could escape.

He hated to admit but he was wrong about the demon girl, she was fit to be a demon slayer even when she was a demon. She had potential to be one.

That head butting kid was a lot more. They were all struggling with the demon but the kid survived and didn't have fatal injuries. That kid was strong, stronger than him and Giyuu too.

Sanemi saw that there were a lot to cliffs there, small, big, deadly, steep and many more. But the cliff near him had huge stones at the bottom, which for sure could kill a human and hold the demon down for sometime. Sanemi knew, his sacrifice would mean lives of the other three with him.

He looked at Giyuu one last time, already finding Giyuu looking at him. He just smiled at Giyuu, hoping that Giyuu could understand his feelings.

"Wind breathing, Sixth Form: Black Wind Mountain Mist", Sanemi breathed and attacked the demon, successfully bringing it at the edge of the cliff.

"Seems life you failed to bring me down~", Douma said, healing slowly from the cuts.

"I didn't", Sanemi smiled and pushed the demon with his body, slipping off the edge too with the demon.