Chapter 72

In front of them, there was a river with trees surrounding it. The water was clear and there were small colourful pebbles on the bank of the river which gave the river almost a magestic look.

"WOW! Let's goo!", Genji exclaimed and tried to run into the river but he was lifted up from the ground.

"No, you're too small to play in the river.", Sanemi said, lifting Genji from the back of his shirt.

"Please!", Genji asked, joining his hands and with puppy eyes, hoping to melt Sanemi's heart.

"No.", Sanemi said, closing his eyes.

"Please! Please! Please!", Genji again said trying to get Sanemi to open his eyes.

".... Fine but I'll come with you.", Sanemi said, finally his sharp eyes meeting the cute eyes in front of him.

"Okay! Let's go now!", Genji tried to jump down from Sanemi's grasp but Sanemi again held tighter onto Genji.

"You're not going in the middle of the river.", Sanemi said to Genji who nodded desperately, trying to go and play in the water.

"You'll not swallow the pebbles.", Sanemi pointed to the pebbles on the bank of the river.

"Okay! Let's go now!", Genji tried to convince the white haired Hashira who gave him a glare.

"You--", Sanemi couldn't complete his sentence and was interrupted by a splash of water right on his face.

"WHAT THE--!", Sanemi screamed and saw Giyuu who had a small smile on his face and was squatting on the edge of the river.

"Let him play, he'll be fine. You're here too.", Giyuu said and stood up.

"Fine.", Sanemi kept Genji down and immediately the kid went for the water.

"YAAH! NOT SO FAST! YOU'LL INJURE YOURSELF!", Sanemi yelled and followed the kid.

Giyuu just smiled at the two in front of him. Their silly behaviour was more than enough to make Giyuu smile from the bottom of his heart. He watched as Genji played with water and Sanemi tried to get everything suspicious, according to himself, away from Genji.

Sanemi saw Giyuu who was standing there, staring at them with a soft expression, Sanemi looked back at Giyuu and slowly approached him, leaving Genji by himself. Sanemi walked towards Giyuu and none of them broke the eye contact until Sanemi was just a metre away from the water Hashira.

Giyuu looked away with a small blush. Sanemi wanted to tease Giyuu a little but suddenly he got an idea and smiled mischievously to himself.

"You know how to swim, right?", Sanemi asked Giyuu.

"Yeah, why?", Giyuu asked but he was suddenly picked up by Sanemi. "Shinazugawa san! What are you--", Giyuu could not even finish and he was already thrown into water.

"Well, you should swim a little.", Sanemi said laughing a little.

"Giyuu san!", Genji said and tried to run to Giyuu but was stopped by Sanemi.

"The current is too strong here, play on the edge.", Sanemi picked Genji and he was about to go to the edge but an unexpected kick right on his feet with a sudden pull from the back made him land in the water.

Sanemi could not even process it all until he saw Genji laughing with Giyuu and he smiled at the silliness.

I really became a fool in love .... Sanemi thought to himself as he got up, smiling.