Chapter 17

When Sanemi woke up, he saw Obanai near the door talking to Shinobu. He couldn't make out what they were talking about and the lights felt too much bright to keep his eyes open.

He grumbled in annoyance at the lights. As soon as he was heard by the 2 Hashiras, Shinobu closed the window and Obanai went near Sanemi, helping him to sit up.

"Shinazugawa san, are you feeling good?", Shinobu asked in her fake cheerful voice.

Sanemi just hummed and glanced at the room, eyes searching for that one deep blue eyed Hashira.

Shinobu and Obanai felt the eyes of Sanemi.

Shinobu simply said," Tomioka san went on mission", and then started checking Sanemi who was almost healed, except for the physical injuries.

Obanai rolled his mismatched eyes at the mention of Water Hashira while Sanemi looked almost disappointed. It didn't take much time to Iguro to notice the disappointment in Sanemi's face.

When Shinobu went outside after checking Sanemi, Iguro straightforwardly asked Sanemi," What's going on between you and Tomioka?"

"It's nothing", Sanemi replied in a rude tone, hoping to sound normal.

".... You can lie to me but don't expect me to not to know you're lying.", Iguro simply said looking at Sanemi.

"It's really nothing!", Sanemi said, this time with a little stutter.

"Hmm?", Iguro looked at Sanemi's eyes, who was unable to make eye contact.

"It's just that he was the one to convince that demon girl to heal me!", Sanemi explained, hoping that Iguro would believe him.

"Liar", Iguro replied.

".... It's that-", Sanemi was thinking of an excuse.

Obanai laughed sarcastically and said," And I thought you hated him."

"I don't f****** love him!", Sanemi replied and knew, it was the end of his 'I-hate-Tomioka' Act.

The room was then engulfed in an awkward silence.

".... What?", Obanai asked, not believing what he just heard. "Did that head butting kid head butted you again?", Obanai asked Sanemi, genuinely worried.

"No....?", Sanemi replied.

"Tell me everything about your 'love' for Tomioka.", Obanai told Sanemi who just sighed in defeat.

Meanwhile Giyuu

Giyuu's POV

After Shinazugawa san was treated by Nezuko, I was called by Oyakata-sama.

After I went to him, he just asked about how I was doing, if Tanjiro and Nezuko were doing good and his last question was, what do I think of Shinazugawa san, even I was confused by his strange question.

For the above two questions, I just answered in one word, "Good", but for the third question, I was cluelessly standing there. He just laughed at me and told me to take care of myself. After this, we were in a comfortable silence and lastly he said, I should talk more. I just said okay and then I was dismissed.

Right now, I was going on a mission, now, I don't know when will I meet Shinazugawa san again. I met him in almost 6 months and now, well, I don't know. I don't want to connect to someone , I don't want to be hurt again. I was now beginning to connect to Shinazugawa san, I felt bad for leaving without saying goodbye to him, I don't know if I'll get a chance to see him again but this was better ....

I didn't deserve him, I didn't deserve to be a Hashira, I just want to be alone. I just looked at my trembling hand and scoffed at myself for being so weak, not even being able to handle anxiety.

Maybe I am better off alone, maybe it is better this way....