Chapter 23

Sanemi was ready to fall but he suddenly felt a hand wrap around his waist and one around his chest, securing him, not letting him fall. He knew from the touch only, who it was.

"Tomioka?", he asked, watching a the demon fall off and it's body split in pieces as it fall on the huge stones under.

Sanemi looked back and saw, Nezuko was holding Giyuu from one hand and other hand was holding a tree for support so that they don't fall off.

"It's me who want to die but why are you the one trying to commit suicide?", Giyuu whispered in Sanemi's ears, and pulled him back, both of them falling on the ground, laying there only. Nezuko went to Tanjiro to help him fight the 2 statues but they slowly melted.

Giyuu laid on the snow, breathing heavily, Sanemi laying on his legs, head on his stomach with Giyuu's hand on his head.

"What were you even thinking?", Giyuu asked after a long pause.

"It doesn't matter now, so shut the f*** up and lemme catch my f****** breath", Sanemi said between gasps. Giyuu just hummed and laid there.

Suddenly, Nezuko came running to them, with tears in her eyes. As soon as Giyuu saw Nezuko, he stood up, resulting in Sanemi's head falling on the snow.

"What happened, Nezuko?", Giyuu asked.

Nezuko hummed something and Sanemi also stood up, not wanting to lay down anymore but Giyuu ran towards Tanjiro, followed by Nezuko. Sanemi also followed them puzzled.

There he saw Tanjiro was covered in Giyuu's Haori, which he thought was brought here by Nezuko, he was on the ground, clutching on the Haori while panting for air and crying. He was having a panic attack!

Without wasting any time, Giyuu went near Tanjiro, sweeping all the hairs out of his face, wiping Tanjiro's face with his own sleeve. "Tanjiro, look at me", Giyuu said to Tanjiro.

Sanemi's POV

"Giyuu san....", Tanjiro trailed off and started crying harder. He always acted like an adult, maybe that's why I forgot he was still a child, a 14 year old child who lost his whole family, his only family member is now a demon. Of course, it does have side effects. No matter how mature he is, he is still a child, the pressure is too much for a child. This place is where he lost his family, it must be hard for him.

Giyuu slowly picked him and hugged him, slowly saying somethings and telling him to breath slowly. All I could make out was," I am here, I won't leave you. I am sorry, I promise, I'll take good care of you now, please ....".

Tomioka was slowly rubbing Tanjiro's back, which seemed like it was working, Tanjiro's breathing was now more stable. His crying now turned into sniffs, his body wasn't trembling anymore, he looked almost sleepy and his clutch on the Haori was loosened.

Tomioka took the Haori out of Tanjiro's grip, wearing it and lifting the kid. "Meet me in the motel at the foot of the hill with Nezuko.", Giyuu said and left.

I looked at the demon girl, who looked back at me and then we looked at her box, which surprisingly was here only, unscathed, we again made eye contact and looked at the box.

It'll be an "interesting" journey....

End of Sanemi's POV