Chapter 60

"YOU CAN'T F****** RAISE A CHILD ON YOUR OWN!", Sanemi yelled at Giyuu who looked back at him with an irrited face instead of an emotionless one.

"It's not you neither your child nor are you going to raise him with me.", Giyuu looked at him.

"WHAT THE H***?! ARE YOU MAD, HUH?! YOU CAN'T RISK A CHILD'S LIFE!", Sanemi again yelled, being held back by Tanjiro.

"Shinazugawa san, calm down please....", Tanjiro pleaded and both the Hashiras ignored him.

"Should I just leave him there and watch him suffer due to loss of his mom and just live in fear of demons?", Giyuu asked, taking a step towards Sanemi.

"STILL! You are just being stubborn now, Tomioka Giyuu.", Sanemi hissed, pushing Tanjiro away and taking a step towards Giyuu.

"I'm taking him in.", Giyuu announced, also taking a step towards Sanemi and both the Hashiras took out their swords in unison, pointing each other to each other's neck.

After the Hashiras and Kamaboko trio along with Nezuko came back to the hotel with a sleeping Genji, Giyuu insisted on adopting him and Sanemi opposed him. All the Hashiras were getting treated in other rooms, while Tanjiro, Sanemi and Giyuu were in this one.

But just before the Hashiras could land even a single attack on each other, someone opened the door loudly.

"Don't kill each other yet~", Shinobu's voice was heard as she came in and helped Tanjiro to get up.

Sanemi growled and Giyuu rolled his eyes but both of them kept in their swords inside.

"Well~ the kid you saved is calling for you, Tomioka san ~ ", Shinobu said and watched how Sanemi looked away and Giyuu looked at her intently.

"Let's go~", Shinobu held Giyuu's hand and dragged him away, ignoring glares from Sanemi.

"How is he?", Giyuu asked as he yanked his hand back as soon as they were out of them room.

"Crying for his mom.", Shinobu said.

They both entered a room in which a child was crying, toys were scattered everywhere. Kanao was trying to calm the child down and Zenitsu was trying to keep himself from crying.

"Should I knock him out?", Shinobu asked and Giyuu looked at her in horror.

"Maybe give him sleeping pills?", Shinobu said to herself and Giyuu just sighed at her, going inside to the child.

As soon as the child saw Giyuu he cried louder and jumped on him. Fortunately, he was caught by Giyuu.

"I want my mom! Where is she?!", Genji, the child asked Giyuu who looked at Shinobu.

"She's with the angels now.", Giyuu said in the softest voice he could muster and he knew he was successful as he saw everyone in the room except the child having an amazed expression.

"What do you mean? She left Genji alone here?", the child finally calm down a little, looking heartbroken.

"No, she said, Genji can come to her when he grows old but till then, he should stay with me.", Giyuu said and sat on the messy bed with the child on his lap.

"But I want to meet her!", The child's eyes were again filled with tears.

"She'll meet you only if you behave like a good boy.", Giyuu said, he knew, if he said the child shouldn't cry because he was a strong boy then, in the future too, the child wouldn't cry and being his emotions out.

Genji looked at Giyuu with innocent eyes filled with tears and Giyuu smiled at him, slowly wiping his face.

I will protect him at all costs.... Giyuu thought to himself as he saw the child trying to calm himself down.

Sorry for not updating! I was a little busy with school! 🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️