Chapter 82

No one dared to move even an inch as Sanemi was screaming and cried, no one even dared to console him, he was the one who had killed the person he loved, nothing could be changed now.

Slowly, the sun came up and everyone was engulfed in the sunlight. Still it was all silent but suddenly a gasp from Shinobu attracted all the attention towards her. She had an expression of horror on her face as she looked at Giyuu's body.

After watching her face, it didn't take other Hashiras long to understand what Shinobu had realised. If he were a demon, his body would've disintegrated by now or else it would've turned to ashes in the sunlight but both of those didn't happen.

Gyomei, who's tears were streaming down his face, prayed to God but Sanemi, his eyes suddenly felt like he was at the end of his sanity, it was as if his sanity had left him at that instant. His whole body started shaking violently.

"Shinazugawa san....", Shinobu went near him to console him but a single stare from him made her shudder.

Sanemi stopped shaking suddenly and he slowly squatted from his kneeling position, ready to stand up, the aura had suddenly changed from devastating to full of fear. Everyone took a step back as Sanemi gritted his teeth.

Sanemi was ready to leave Giyuu's body and stand up but suddenly he felt a grip on his cloth. Sanemi looked down, he saw Giyuu's hand was latching onto his cloth, he slowly held his wrist to free himself but what he didn't expect was to feel a weak pulse in that wrist.

Sanemi checked again, he knew, the moment Giyuu's heart stopped, he felt it, he was the one who stabbed him afterall but no, there was a pulse there, even if it was weak, it was still there.

"Giyuu!", Sanemi called out, laying him down on the ground, Sanemi immediately opened Giyuu's uniform, reaching his chest which did have a stab but it was almost healed, there was literally no scar, it now just looked like a small cut.

"Tomioka! Can you hear me?!", Sanemi called out, holding Giyuu's face in his hands, slowly slapping his face to wake him up.

"Giyuu san....", Shinobu whispered but she didn't have the courage to take a step towards Giyuu.

Sanemi put his ears on Giyuu's chest as soon as the stab healed, for a few seconds it was all silent but suddenly he heard a thump, it was a heart beat, Giyuu's heart was beating, he was alive.

"HE'S ALIVE! COME CHECK ON HIM!", Sanemi called out Kanao, he suddenly had a strong hatered for Shinobu.

Kanao nodded and immediately went to check on Giyuu, everyone followed soon but Shinobu stood on her place, she wanted to run away from there and she did it, she ran back to the forest, she immediately went towards the place Genji and Urokodaki were transferred to.

With Sanemi, he was holding Giyuu, whose skin was slowly turning back to its normal colour and his wounds were healing.

"Giyuu, can you hear me?!", Sanemi said firmly, finally getting hope.

He didn't get a response but suddenly, Giyuu took a deep breath that was more than enough to ensure them all....