Chapter 8

The whole river was burning in pink and magenta flame with the demon screaming and trying to come out of the river. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the demon girl, whose name he didn't remember, she was now looking like a total demon, with a horn on the side of the forehead and having markings all over her body while looking twice of her true size.

"Thunder breathing, First Form: Thunderclap And Flash." was all Sanemi heard before the demon was struck with the lighting and was on the bank of the river.

As soon as the demon was out of the river, Giyuu went towards him but the way he was holding his sword, it was as if he was there to stab and he did, he pinned to demon to the ground along with Zenitsu. "INOSUKE! SHINAZUGAWA SAN! CUT IT'S TAIL THAT'S JOINING HIM FROM THE WATER!", Tanjiro screamed towards Inosuke and Sanemi. Sanemi looked at Giyuu and saw that Giyuu was already looking at him. "FAST! THE DEMON'S ATTACKING LIKE CRAZY!", Zenitsu shouted while avoiding the attacks because Nezuko was protecting them from the demon.

"Beast breathing, Third Fang: Devour", Inosuke said and launched towards the tail of the demon. Sanemi followed," Wind breathing, First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!". Both of the attacks somehow were able to separate the demon from the water who has now 2 legs.

"Hinokami Kagura, Clear Blue Sky.", flames surrounded the demon whose head was being decapitated now.

Suddenly, the demon screamed and spitted black liquid towards Zenitsu, Giyuu and Tanjiro. Zenitsu just jumped away to avoid the attack and the demon missed the Tanjiro because of his position but as soon as the attack reached Giyuu, he just closed his eyes, not moving away so that the demon was pinned down.

But after some seconds, he just felt a presence in front of him, not any pain. When he opened his eyes, he saw Sanemi who was staring at him with his face scrunched up in pain. "Hang on for some seconds more. ", Sanemi slowly said to Giyuu and went towards the legs of the demon to pin it down as it's head was almost decapitated by Tanjiro.

"AHHHH!!", Tanjiro screamed once again and decapitated the demon successfully and jumped away while panting while deep blue liquid spilled on Tomioka from the now  disintegrating head of the demon.

Sanemi and Giyuu pulled out their swords from the demon together and sat on the ground panting and everyone followed them. But before disintegrating fully, the demon looked at Giyuu and smiled crazily and said, " Hope you live well ...." and then, it disintegrated.

The sun was coming up, so Nezuko went inside her box and the trio got up, ready to leave but the Hashiras were still on the ground.

"You all leave from here, I want to have conversation with Water Hashira alone.", Sanemi declared while walking towards the said Hashira.

Tanjiro wanted to say something but Zenitsu just dragged him away, he knew, Sanemi was a rogue and would not hesitate to attack anyone.

"Why did you drag me away?!", Tanjiro asked Zenitsu. "He would've attacked you, if I didn't.", Zenitsu replied with his timid voice. Before Tanjiro could reply, he felt very painful sting in his wrist as if something was eating his skin. "OW!", Tanjiro said and looked at his wrist which had that deep blue liquid spilled by the head of the demon, his skin was almost translucent now as if it dissolved in the liquid. Inosuke and Zenitsu were shocked at that but soon Tanjiro remembered that Giyuu was covered in that liquid.

"We have to save Giyuu san!", Tanjiro screamed and dashed towards the direction of Sanemi and Giyuu.

There he saw what he didn't want to see, Tomioka was laying in arms of Shinazugawa, who was yelling at him and asking him what happened.