Chapter 36

When Giyuu was carrying Shinobu, he felt tears trickling down his face, he himself didn't know why but he was crying, he didn't want to run away, he didn't want to leave everyone there. As he was thinking all this, he felt a small tug on his Haori, stopping as he realised it was Shinobu.

"What is it?", Giyuu asked looking at Shinobu who was still smiling.

"I'll be fine, go to Shinazugawa san", Shinobu said, tears forming in her eyes.

"What--", Giyuu was about to question her but was interrupted by Zenitsu.

"Someone is coming, I am hearing footsteps", Zenitsu said.

"Demon?", Giyuu said, squatting on ground, putting Shinobu down.

"No, demon slayers.", Zenitsu said and Kanao and Giyuu's eyes widened.

"Help her, I'll leave", Giyuu said to Kanao and Zenitsu but as he was about to go, he felt Shinobu's hand clutching on his Haori.

Shinobu looked as if she was going to pass out soon, even if it hurted Giyuu, he took off his Haori, covering Shinobu from it and running from there, leaving Zenitsu and Kanao to take care of Shinobu.

With Sanemi

Sanemi was fighting from uppermoon 3 while others were fighting from uppermoon 2, even if Douma was poisoned he was powerful, powerful enough to injure everyone there fatally.

"We've to leave soon, the sun will come up soon.", Akaza said to Douma whose face was completely purple by now, his movements slow but steady.

"Understood, Akaza dono~", Douma replied and two of his statues emerged from the ground, pinning Genya and Tanjiro down. Inosuke still fighting from Douma.

"Where the f*** do you think you'll go?!", Sanemi said and stabbed Akaza, pinning him down to the ground but before he could do anything else, Douma's statue attacked him, knocking him off the ground and making him collide with a tree.

Sanemi's eyes widened as he saw both the uppermoons coming towards him, his sword was on the ground away from him, before they could reach him Inosuke attacked them, blocking them.

Sanemi was about to stand up but he felt a strong gust of wind as if someone passed by him and as he saw before him, he saw Giyuu, fighting from the two uppermoons, along with Inosuke.

"Neck!", Giyuu said to Inosuke, who immediately went for Douma's neck.

"My sword's not going through!", Inosuke yelled as Giyuu defended him.

Giyuu held Inosuke's hand and pushed it both of their hands shaking by the pressure.

"F****** stop it!", Akaza yelled and went for Giyuu's neck but before he could reach it Tanjiro cut his hand, finally getting into the fight.

With a thud sound Douma's head was on the ground, his eyes widened, he couldn't regenerate, his body felt limp and he slowly looked at Akaza who was staring at his body with wide eyes.

"I'll kill you now!", Inosuke yelled and was about to charge at Akaza but was swept off his feet by Giyuu and thrown at Sanemi who just stood up.

"WHAT THE F***?!", Sanemi yelled, again falling on the ground.

"Giyuu san!", Tanjiro said but he was also pushed onto Genya by the said man.

"It's between you and me now", Giyuu said.

"WAIT! AKAZA DO--", Douma's cut off head was crushed by Giyuu's foot before he could finish.

Everyone there shivered by this, Giyuu was determined to kill now.... He was frustrated by how weak he was being even after being a Hashira, he was defended and left the battle in between, he was being haunted by his past but no more, he wanted to be strong and he'd do anything, he'll kill anyone in his way for it ....