Chapter 56

"Let's go to sightseeing?", Sanemi asked, putting the squid on stick in front of Giyuu's mouth to eat who was busy holding a huge bag of prizes both of them won with one hand. Giyuu nodded. Since they won prizes and also something to eat, Giyuu was carrying the prizes while Sanemi fed him.

"Let's go that way.", Sanemi took out his pinky from Giyuu's grip and held his hand."It's better this way.", Sanemi smiled at Giyuu who blushed but smiled back.

Sanemi dragged them to a place which didn't have much people, infact, they were the only one there. It was full moon day, the dark sky was littered with twinkling stars. Normally, they would be worried about demons on nights like this but that night, it was different till now....

Both of them sat on the ground, not tired but wanting to sit in silence to see the moon. They were hearing rustling from the crowd and a romantic song playing in the background, it was the perfect atmosphere for lovers. Sanemi put his hand around Giyuu and pulled him closer.

He thought he would say it was close if Giyuu asked about it but instead Giyuu just moved closer, putting his hand on Sanemi's leg. Both of them smiled, it was relaxing and comfortable but they weren't anything officially and somewhere it hurted both of them but neither of them were courageous enough to take the first step.

They looked at each other, extraordinarily they both looked at each other together. They made an eye contact but before any of them could do or say something, the ground started shaking.

Sanemi immediately held Giyuu and dragged him away from trees. Giyuu's eyes immediately searched for the trio and Nezuko. He cursed under his breath, he never should've left them alone.

"They'll be fine.", Sanemi said, as if already knowing what Giyuu was thinking.

Giyuu was about to say something but suddenly they heard a loud roar. It was intimidating, both of them looked at the direction from where the roar was from. They looked at where they sat and a huge giant emerged from the forest, crushing the prizes that were on the ground with one leg.

That giant was greyish in colour, it was almost as tall as Gyomei if not taller. It didn't have any hairs and looked more like a monster that a child would describe, rather than a demon.

"S***!", Sanemi muttered under his breath as he saw many more emerging from all directions, the slayers didn't have their swords and those demons looked as if they were ready to kill everyone and ruin everything.

The people there started leaving from there, running here and there. The demons looked like they were specifically there to attack the slayers as they ignored the people.

"Tomioka san! Shinazugawa san!", Tanjiro screamed for them and they both looked at that direction, every Hashira was there and they both too went to them.

"Uzui san went to get the swords, we have to fight with them for now.", Tanjiro said and all of them nodded at that.

"Fighting demons bare hand, how nostalgic....", Sanemi said and looked at each of them.