Chapter 45

Giyuu's eyes widened as slowly he realised, he never took care of the tear stains on his face and his eyes, instead of answering, he just shutted his window in panic but Sanemi caught the window just in time so that it couldn't close.

"Hey! I promise, I won't tell anyone!", Sanemi said in a quiet voice.

Giyuu involuntarily flinched at that, he didn't want someone to know how weak he was, but Sanemi saw that.

"....Just go.", Giyuu said after taking a deep breath.

Sanemi quickly put the handkerchief in his pocket and opened the window, pushing Giyuu out of the way with ease and barging in.

Giyuu now took some steps back, away from Sanemi, his distant eyes looked like they were panicking.

Sanemi was suddenly hit by his past, this kind of panic, it was the same Sanemi saw in the eyes of Genya the day their mother attacked them.

Sanemi felt as he felt tears in his eyes because of the memory but he pushed those tears back and extended his hand to Giyuu.

"I won't do anything, I swear .... All I want to do is to help you.", Sanemi said the softest way possible.

"Leave me alone.", Giyuu again said now hate lacing his voice.

"Tomioka Giyuu! Don't run away!", Sanemi yelled as he saw how Giyuu was slowly backing away.

Giyuu finally looked at Sanemi with an expression which Sanemi couldn't describe but it felt wrong, so wrong. So instead of doing something else, Sanemi put his Haori arong Giyuu and hugged him, remembering how Giyuu did the same once.

Sanemi was ready to be pushed and attacked the same way and still not leave Tomioka but the struggles he expected never came. Instead Giyuu's hands found their way to the uniform of the Wind Hashira and clutched onto them, as if his life was dependent on them.

Giyuu slowly came closer to Sanemi who just pulled him closer and patted his hairs. Suddenly they were interrupted by the door opening with a loud thud. Giyuu was almost instantly hid by Sanemi.

Sanemi looked at Shinobu who was standing there with a shocked face along with Mitsuri. "You could've knocked!", Sanemi yelled at them.

Shinobu immediately left from there without a word but Mitsuri covered her eyes, blushing,"The man who was helping the demons was caught, he's constantly asking for Tomioka san!", Mitsuri said and left.

The news suddenly made Sanemi feel bad, almost unsafe. Giyuu pushed Sanemi away, finally standing by himself. His eyes were screaming rage.

"Thank you, you should leave.", Giyuu said in a stable voice. The transformation made Sanemi wonder just now many times Giyuu hid his true self but without a word Sanemi left after sighing and nodding.

Now, Giyuu was left alone in the room, he looked at his uniform which was on the bed and then at his hand, he had to do this ....

I am really sorry! I was busy with assignments. I also have tests after 3 days so I am preparing for it. I'll try to update more! Thank you for reading!🙇🏻‍♀️❤️