Chapter 76

Both the Hashiras reached to the top of the mountain, now standing on the edge of the mountain.

"Can I get a kiss?", Sanemi looked at Giyuu while fighting with a demon, who was fighting demons.

"Have you gone mad?", Giyuu looked at Sanemi with wide eyes for a second and went back to fighting the demons.

"If I die, atleast I'll have a kiss from my love.", Sanemi smiled at Giyuu who gritted his teeth in frustration.

Giyuu was fighting for life while Sanemi was flirting with him, he knew Sanemi would protect him even if he won't fight but it made him feel more useless. Giyuu suddenly spaced out, thinking about the huge skill gap between them.

"TOMIOKA!", Sanemi yelled and pulled Giyuu towards himself as he saw Giyuu spacing out inbetween the fight and almost getting attacked by a demon.

Giyuu blinked his eyes at the sudden force but before he could figure anything out and start fighting again he felt a hand gripping his waist and then all he knew was that he was thrown into the waterfall.

Sanemi had thrown him into the waterfall, calculating his fall so that Giyuu would fall right in the spot where Sanemi had fallen a few hours ago. Sanemi soon followed Giyuu in the waterfall.

As expected, both the Hashiras safely landed into the middle where the current was strong but still it wasn't not so strong that they would be flown away.

Following the Hashiras, the demons also jumped down but they all fell right into the huge rocks and were all shredded into pieces.

"There are still some of them. Let's get out of here first, the current is too strong.", Sanemi held Giyuu and dragged him out when he noticed how quiet the Water Hashira was being.

"Giyuu....", Sanemi looked at Giyuu who looked like he was having an inner conflict. "Tomioka Giyuu!", Sanemi said louder and held Giyuu's face in his hands.

Giyuu suddenly blinked his eyes, he didn't know how but somehow he had started overthinking it all. He saw Sanemi's eyes looking into his own with worry, they were already almost out of the river. In the background, he could hear the growls if demons, they were coming closer.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know how I--", Giyuu couldn't finish when he suddenly saw a shadow behind Sanemi, jumping from the forest. Giyuu's instincts took over and he held the sword, barely managing to stop the attack after pushing Sanemi away.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu after being pushed away, he saw a tall person, with red hairs and bright skin, he had a sword which was looking abnormal.

"You acted faster than I thought.", the demon said and backed away, Sanemi immediately went next to Giyuu and held his sword in his hands.

Now he saw the demon has 6 eyes and he was the Uppermoon one. The demon was taller than both the Hashiras and looked like he was ready to kill.

"Can it get anymore worse....", Sanemi said as he heard finally the other demons catching up with them.

Sorry again 🥲🥲
I have half yearly rn but I'll try to update 1 more time today and tomorrow too.