Chapter 21

"Oh~ How rude of me~ My name is Douma, I am uppermoon 2", the demon said in a cheerful voice and laughed. "Who are you?", the demon asked looking at Giyuu.

"Tomioka Giyuu", Giyuu said, hoping to distract the demon for a few minutes, so that Tanjiro could get his strength back to at least stand and run.

"Such a good name~ but why are you frowning, may I ask?", Douma said with a smile," It doesn't look good on such a beautiful face", Douma said and suddenly he was just before Giyuu, caressing his face.

Giyuu just gritted his teeth and closed his eyes at that disgusting touch.

"Aww~ I love your reaction ~ Why don't we play for sometime?", Douma said, now holding back of Giyuu's head and almost attaching his and Giyuu's forehead together.

At that moment, both Sanemi and Giyuu attacked Douma's neck from behind and front respectively but Douma jumped so fastly that only his body parts were cut. Sanemi and Giyuu were staring at each other, Sanemi's sword on the neck of Giyuu, so close that when Giyuu gulped, he touched Sanemi's sword while, the tip of Giyuu's sword was touching Sanemi's chest.

"I wouldn't have interrupted your love session, but I am hungry~", Douma said, interrupting them. Giyuu pushed Sanemi away, his ears red and went near Tanjiro.

Sanemi was full of rage at that," Just what the f*** are you doing, huh?!", Sanemi yelled at him.

"Aww~ such a grumpy person, hmm?? Well, you're lucky I am not interested in you. I wish Muzan sama stayed, he could've eliminated 2 Hashiras....", Douma said with fake sad voice while eyeing at Giyuu.

From the corner of his eyes, Sanemi saw that Tanjiro was slowly gaining his consciousness. He attacked the demon instantly, not caring for anyone.

"Tanjiro! Wake up!", Tomioka said, tapping Tanjiro's cheek with his hands as soon as he saw Tanjiro frowning.

"Hmm, G-G-Giyuu san....", was all Tanjiro was able to get out before bursting out with tears and hugging Tomioka in a tight grip.

Sanemi saw that Tanjiro was hugging Giyuu and he lost his focus, he was swept off his feet, falling on the snow, now ready to be attacked in a defensive position with his eyes closed but the attack he expected never came. When he opened his eyes, he saw Nezuko, holding Douma's hand which was coming towards Sanemi. Douma smilling a creepy smile.

Sanemi gritted his teeth at that, he hated demons but now, he was saved by one multiple times. He just got up and started attacking the demon again, this time, with Nezuko on his side. As much as he hated to say, that demon girl was of much help in that situation.

Giyuu was looking at the fight, he was trying to calm Tanjiro down, who looked way too immensed in his emotions, to fight. "Tanjiro, look around", he took Tanjiro's face in his hand," Nezuko and Shinazugawa san are fighting from the demon, an uppermoon, they can't protect us, protect you, you have to fight, once this all gets over, I'll help you, I'll listen to whatever you say, but it's not the time.", Giyuu said and stood up, extending his hand to Tanjiro," I will protect you but you have to protect Nezuko, can you do it?", Giyuu asked Tanjiro.

".... I will do it.", Tanjiro sniffed and took his sword in his hand and Giyuu held Tanjiro's arm and pulled him on his legs in one rough motion.

Both of them went to join the fight.