Chapter 81

"Shinazugawa san! We've to kill him!", Shinobu said as she held Giyuu's hand, pressing it down, so that he wouldn't attack.

"No! We don't!", Sanemi yelled, holding Giyuu tighter now.

"But--", before Shinobu could finish, Sanemi interrupted her.

"NO! SHIT THE F*** UP! Giyuu, please, wake up. Breathe, please, don't turn into a demon.", Sanemi pleaded to Giyuu helplessly. He knew the transformation was inevitable now and Giyuu won't be able to control it but he wasn't ready to leave Giyuu. He wanted Giyuu with him, they just started, he just got hope, he couldn't bear to loose it all just now.

"We won't be able to defeat him if he really becomes a demon and fights us....", Tanjiro whispered slowly.

Slowly, Giyuu's shakiness decreased, his breathing became stable and his wounds healed fully but his eyes were closed.

"Giyuu ....", Sanemi whispered and laid Giyuu on his lap.

"Shinazugawa san, do a thing for me please.", Giyuu said in a low voice, his voice was extremely hoarse.

"W-What is it?", Sanemi asked. Shinobu got up and took a step back, getting ready to attack as soon as Giyuu attacks and Gyomei also came forward, gesturing everyone else to go back. The sun was almost up by now.

"Please.... kill me.", Giyuu finally opened his eyes but they weren't black anymore, they were now deep blue with black linings inside.

".... Giyuu .... No .... no! Please!", Sanemi tried to pull Giyuu closer but Giyuu put a hand on his chest to maintain the distance.

"Please .... I am hearing him in my head .... kill me or else I'll kill you all.", Giyuu whispered with a small smile but his eyes were devastated.

"You're hearing him?", Sanemi's whole body shivered but he tried to keep his posture.

"Kill me ....", Giyuu said but this time his hand slowly tried to reach Sanemi's neck.

"No! I--", Sanemi couldnt finish his sentence when suddenly, Giyuu held his left hand from his right hand which was near Sanemi's neck.

Sanemi's eyes widened at that and everyone there took out their weapons and got in fighting position.

"Kill me right now! I don't want to do this! I beg you!", Giyuu said, finally his eyes teared up.

"Shinazugawa san, you should do it right now or the sun will burn him alive.", Shinobu said as she looked to East, it was almost time for sunrise now.

Sanemi's sword was on the ground next to him, Giyuu picked it up, handling it to Sanemi.

"Do it please. I'm still a human somewhere, kill me before I become a demon fully.", Giyuu whispered to Sanemi as he pointed Sanemi's sword right where his heart was.

Sanemi held the handle of his sword, suddenly his years of training felt like a curse, his sword felt like a burden and it seemed like he wanted to pair with demons for once in his life.

"Giyuu please, no ....", Sanemi pleaded as Giyuu held his hand to guide him to pierce through his chest.

"I love you.", Giyuu smiled as Sanemi put pressure in his sword, swiftly piercing through Giyuu's chest.

"I love you too.", Sanemi cried as Giyuu closed his eyes.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!", Sanemi yelled and the scream was devastating, he immediately pulled his sword out and threw it away. Sanemi held Giyuu's body close to himself.

Earlier, he felt the heartbeats of Giyuu but now, there was nothing at all. It was all numb now....

It was the feeling Sanemi didn't want to feel .... numbness.