Chapter 61

"You're going to adopt him?", Sanemi asked Giyuu who was laying on the bed across him with Genji on his lap.

"Yeah.", Giyuu said slowly.

"You're really going to adopt a child?", Sanemi again asked.

"Yep.",Giyuu replied.

"You know you--", Sanemi was interrupted by Tanjiro's snoring who was sleeping on the bed next to Giyuu's.

"Take a nap, we have to leave in some hours.", Giyuu said and laid down slowly.

"I'll talk about this later.", Sanemi sighed and slept too.

Later in the evening, everyone of them got ready to leave, of course, they were all injured so they couldn't run there. In order to not to get caught, everyone was divided into smaller groups.

This time, Sanemi and Giyuu weren't in the same one. It was Giyuu, Genji, Rengoku, Zenitsu and Inosuke. Sanemi was with Tengen, Tanjiro, Nezuko and Kanao.

"I hate this!", Tengen said as he looked at his nails.

"Same.", Sanemi rolled his eyes.

"How about switching?", Tengen suggested.

"Who's gonna switch with who?", Sanemi said, finally getting interested.

"Me and Tomioka.", Tengen said with a sly smile.

"Won't Shinobu san be angry?", Tanjiro said but was ignored.

"Will he agree?", Sanemi said, unsure of the plan.

"If he doesn't, it means you're rejected.", Tengen said, getting ready to leave.

"How about I switch with Rengoku?", Sanemi asked, fidgeting with his fingers.

Tengen was clearly shocked to see Sanemi in such a state but he smirked and said,"Too late.", And jumped over and sprinted off to the starting point where Rengoku was supposed to be.

"WAIT! HEY!", Sanemi yelled but Tengen was already out of sight.

"We have to leave in some minutes.", Tanjiro said, looking at the orange sky.

Sanemi hummed and looked at the setting sun.

With Giyuu and Rengoku

"Should I carry him?", Rengoku asked Giyuu when he saw Giyuu was carrying Genji with just his right hand, the little boy had sprained his ankle somehow and needed to rest.

"It's fine.", Giyuu said and held Genji closer.

"You're hurt, Tomioka san.", Rengoku said, eyeing Giyuu's bandaged hand.

"Thank you but it's fine, Rengoku san.", Giyuu said, looking at Rengoku in determination.

Rengoku was about to say something but they all heard the voice of Tengen who just came and hugged Rengoku from behind.

"Tomioka! Let's switch! I'll be with Rengoku and you you with Sanemi, or else we'll all be together, I am sure Sanemi can handle it.", Tengen said as Rengoku rested in his arms.

"Umm....", Giyuu looked at Genji who looked back at him with innocent eyes.

With Sanemi

"Shinazugawa san, we have to leave now, or else we won't reach before tomorrow afternoon.", Tanjiro said and looked at Sanemi who was looking at the forest in expectations.

Sanemi sighed and nodded,"Follow me, the headquarters has been shifted, I'll lead.", Sanemi said and started walking, last time when Giyuu was attacked the headquarters was shifted keeping in mind the secrecy of the location of the demon slayers.

Sanemi felt sad, he wanted Giyuu with him, if he knew Giyuu wouldn't come, he wouldn't have suggested Tengen to go and replace him. He was thinking of how to give up on Giyuu. They all started walking but was stopped by sudden voice of a certain Hashira.

"Shinazugawa san!", Giyuu said in a loud voice which wasn't very loud but Sanemi still heard it.