Chapter 16

Tanjiro went inside with Giyuu and Shinobu while carrying Nezuko's box.

"Ara Ara ~ I didn't think you'll agree, Shinazugawa san~ Seems like Giyuu san is your soft spot~", Shinobu teased Sanemi with a wide smile.

".... I would've killed you if I could", Sanemi growled at Shinobu.

"Good thing you can't ~", Shinobu said and looked at Giyuu who was just standing there.

"Should I call Nezuko?", Tanjiro asked looking at Giyuu.

"What else do you plan to do?", Sanemi asked. Tanjiro just flinched and scooted closer to Giyuu.

Giyuu just nodded at Tanjiro and Tanjiro put the box down and slowly called Nezuko.

The box opened and Nezuko peeked outside but when she saw Sanemi, she just went back inside as if scared.

"Nezuko-", Tanjiro started but Giyuu stopped him by putting his hand on his chest.

Giyuu silently squatted in front of Nezuko's box, who relaxed looking at him recognising him. Giyuu extended his hand in front of Nezuko.

"Nezuko, we need your help, can you please heal Shinazugawa san as you healed me?", Giyuu softly said. Nezuko was hesitant to come out but after some seconds Giyuu once again said," Please ....". This time, Nezuko held Giyuu's hand and came out and stood and then transformed to her original size.

Sanemi rolled his eyes at the scene while Shinobu smiled looking at the scene.

Nezuko went towards Sanemi to hold his wrist but instead of letting Nezuko hold him, Sanemi yanked his hand.

Nezuko glared at Sanemi while Tanjiro and Giyuu sighed.

" Are you afraid, Shinazugawa san?~ ", Shinobu again teased, but instead of answering her, Sanemi gave his hand to Nezuko looking away.

Nezuko held Sanemi's wrist and flames started emerging from him. He hated to say but the flames felt warm, almost homely. As if they were a person giving you a hug, reassuring you, it'll be fine.

From the corner of his eyes, Sanemi saw a demon slayer wearing the uniform coming in and telling Giyuu something. He wanted to ask what was he saying but as soon as the flames went off he felt sleepy, his eyelids feeling way too heavy to stay awake. Soon he slept without a worry in the world, hoping to see Tomioka when he would wake up ....

Nezuko left Sanemi's wrist and went to Giyuu and Tanjiro who were standing side to side. Tanjiro smiled at Nezuko and said," You did good, Nezuko".

Giyuu just patted Nezuko's head and said to Shinobu," I'll leave now", while looking at the demon slayer, who just told him, he had a mission to go to.

" Don't you want to spend sometime with Shinazugawa san?", Shinobu said, already leaving with the slayer.

Giyuu just hummed and then, everyone left from there.

Giyuu looked at Sanemi sighing," Hope you get well soon", Giyuu said while looking at Sanemi's sleeping face which looked very peaceful, opposite from when he's awake.

Giyuu hesitantly raised his hand to pet Sanemi's hairs but pulled back suddenly and left after glancing at him one last time.