Chapter 40

Little did Giyuu knew that him hugging Shinobu was seen by Sanemi who left from there instantly.

Sanemi was thinking about Giyuu and Shinobu who were hugging each other. He doesn't like skinship yet he was hugging Shinobu, they are friends, bestfriends, maybe they are lovers .... H***! I don't even know if Tomioka likes boys! It's not normal but .... I love him, I want him, I can't force him, can I?? Will it be fine without him? No .... But I can't force him, not now .... Sanemi thought and laid on the grass as he looked at the tree, eyes watering slowly.

Suddenly he started laughing and sat up," The f***! From when did I become like this? I have work to do! I still have people, even if I can't have him as a partner, maybe let me be his friend, atleast, I'll be close to him....", Sanemi said to himself, wiped his tears and stood up. Even if he felt his heart ache, it was too much sadness, it was as if he was feeling this pain physically, slowly, ignoring all this he was going in but he saw Giyuu and Tanjiro in the lawn. It was as if they were talking. Sanemi again felt like crying but he ignored it and went to his room.

With Giyuu

As soon as Giyuu came out of Shinobu's room, he saw Kanao and Tanjiro outside. Kanao went in the room but as Tanjiro was also about to enter, Giyuu held his arm to stop him and said," We've something to talk about."

"Uhh .... What's that?", Tanjiro asked Giyuu who just led him to lawn without a word.

"Let's sit, should we?", Giyuu asked Tanjiro, finally leaving his arm.

"Sure.", Tanjiro said with a smile and sat under a tree on a bench there, Giyuu also followed him.

"Remember when you fought from uppermoon on the mountains?", Giyuu asked Tanjiro.

"Yes", Tanjiro replied slowly.

"I am sorry....", Giyuu said, looking sincerely at Tanjiro.

"Why are you sorry? It was my fault I--", Tanjiro was saying but Giyuu gestured him to stop.

"Don't interfere, I should've taken you with me after you smelled Muzan, I didn't pay enough attention, if I did, maybe you wouldn't be here. When you were having a panic attack, I told you to shut up, it was selfish of me, I could've handled it better. Even after all this, you're still--", Giyuu was suddenly stopped by Tanjiro's sniffing.

"Are you crying? I swear, I--", Giyuu was saying but again he was interrupted by Tanjiro speaking.

"You've helped me when my family was killed, when Nezuko turned into demon, you made me what I am today. You've protected Nezuko and me, numerous times, I have never blamed you, instead I am grateful to you....", Tanjiro looked at Tomioka who looked shocked.

"If you would've listened to me at that time, the demon would've probably killed us all, it was me who went to the mountains without you, it wasn't your fault but mine.... I don't know if there's any other way which is better but what you id best for me, Giyuu san.", Giyuu sniffed and hugged Tanjiro.

"It's fine, It's alright.", Giyuu hugged Tanjiro back awkwardly, suddenly he felt someone's stare and when he turned to see, all he saw was Sanemi going away. .... It feels wrong somehow.... Giyuu thought to himself as he saw Sanemi going away.