Chapter 50

Giyuu went out, everyone were in their own room, it was late at night. It wasn't appropriate for him to stay in a single room with a single bed with a girl.

He was roaming here and there when he saw Sanemi, who was in the lawn. What is he doing here at this hour? .... Giyuu thought and went to the Wind Hashira without any thought.

Sanemi was looking at the moon, he couldn't sleep, he slept in the day and he felt too insecure to sleep. He was thinking about Giyuu when suddenly he felt a small tug on his sleeve. "AAH!", Sanemi yelled as he got scared for a moment but a hand was immediately placed on his mouth from behind.

"Shinazugawa san, it's me!", Giyuu said, not trying to gain attention.

Sanemi felt heat rising up to his face and felt a strong urge to kiss the hand Giyuu placed on his mouth but unfortunately Giyuu had pulled away his hand, finally getting in front of Sanemi.

"You scared the s*** out of me!", Sanemi said and placed his hand on his right side of the chest.

"The heart's here.", Giyuu said and used his own hand to place Sanemi's hand on the left side.

"U-U-Understood!", Sanemi said and felt hard beating of his heart beneath his hand.

"Why are you here?", Giyuu asked Sanemi.

"For air.", Sanemi said stiffly.

Giyuu hummed at that and looked at the moon. Sanemi also looked at the moon.

"The moon is beautiful today, isn't it?", Sanemi asked Giyuu, knowing well the meaning behind it.

"It is.", Giyuu replied, he didn't know if this answer meant anything or the question Sanemi asked meant anything but it felt right, to be asked this by Sanemi instead of Shinobu.

"Did you eat?", Sanemi said, remembering the past.

"Yeah, Shinobu's sleeping on my bed.", Giyuu said sighing.

"What? Why??!", Sanemi asked Giyuu who just shrugged, not in the mood to talk but just sleep.

"You look sleepy.", Sanemi said as he looked at Giyuu's eyelids which seemed heavier.

"Because I am.", Giyuu replied.

"I have an idea.", Sanemi looked at Giyuu.

"What?", Giyuu asked.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And, somehow they ended up on the same bed in Sanemi's room. Sanemi told Giyuu he could sleep on the floor but Giyuu felt bad and the bed was big enough to fit them both in, they only had to sleep on it for some hours only.

Just like this, they slept on the same bed, two different bodies, having the same soul, their hearts beating in sync, sharing the same courage. Two hurting souls, protecting others, trying to survive in this world and trying to escape from all the chaos and live in peace with their loved ones.

Of course, they both shared many things but the care and love each one of them held for each other was the most important thing for them, maybe they aren't together, maybe they don't look like friends, best friends or soulmate, maybe they are still a little uncomfortable but they could sacrifice themselves for the other, do everything for each other just to see the other smile. It wasn't normal, of course, but right now, it all felt right, lying next to each other, breathing in sync and hearing nothing but the loud hearts beating together.

Just like that, they spent a peaceful night with each other, finally getting some peace in between all the chaos....

I am really sorry everyone! I saw the comments but I can't reply, I have tests right now and I totally messed up my 2 tests. I'll try to compensate by doing good on the 3rd but please, just wait for a little more days, I'll try to update today too.

Thank you for your support! <<3