Chapter 65

Giyuu and Sanemi were walking behind Urokodaki who was carrying Genji in his arms.

"How much more do we have to walk?", Sanemi asked Giyuu as he saw that it was already evening and they left in the late morning.

"Just sometime more.", Giyuu replied, looking at Genji who was happily playing with his master.

"Why is he wearing a mask tho?", Sanemi whispered to Giyuu.

"Because he has a gentle face and demons teased him because of that.", Giyuu replied as he looked around the familiar surroundings.

"Shouldn't you be resting instead of walking?", Sanemi asked as he saw that Giyuu has started to limp a little.

"I'll be fine, it's just 1 hill away.", Giyuu replied.

"WHAT?!", Sanemi yelled and everyone looked at him.

"What is it?", Urokodaki asked.

"We have to cross 1 more mountain?!", Sanemi asked Urokodaki.

"Yes, why?", Urokodaki asked looking at Sanemi.

"I need a rest. I can't do this anymore.", Sanemi said and sat, his leg and chest was hurting but he didn't say it because he knew except Urokodaki no one had enough skills to cure him and they didn't have any equipments or ointment so it'll just increase the stress but he couldn't walk anymore, he needed rest it was already too painful to stand now.

"(Sigh) We have to g--", Urokodaki was about to tell Sanemi to get up and go but he was interrupted by Giyuu.

"Master, you should take Genji with you, I also need to rest a little, I'll guide Shinazugawa san and we'll reach there after some hours.", Giyuu spoke standing beside Sanemi.

Urokodaki nodded and left with Genji.

"Here.", Giyuu took out a small bottle from his pocket, full of medicines.

Sanemi looked at the medicine Giyuu was holding and then looked at Giyuu's face.

"These are painkillers given by Kocho, she said it'll reduce the pain for sometime.", Giyuu said in his monotonous voice but it felt somewhat softer.

"I don't want it, I'll be fine.", Sanemi didn't even care to ask how Giyuu noticed his pain, Sanemi knew Giyuu observed much more than any other Hashira.

"Fine.", Giyuu kept back the bottle and sat in front of Sanemi.

"Is you hand okay?", Sanemi asked Giyuu.

"Yeah, it's a good thing it wasn't the hand I use sword from.", Giyuu looked at his left arm which was bitten by Nezuko.

Sanemi held Giyuu's left hand, slowly lifted up his sleeves to expose his arm which was wrapped in bandage and some of his veins were turning purple in colour.

"You can't feel your fingers?", Sanemi asked, his voice wavering.

Giyuu shook his head as no and looked at his pinky and ring finger that were almost limp.

"It's fine, let's go, I have rested enough!", Sanemi said and covered back his arm.

"Are you sure?", Giyuu looked back at Sanemi.

"Yes! I want to reach before night and sleep.", Sanemi said as he held Giyuu's right hand and both of them started walking in silence.

Sanemi was feeling bad but he couldn't do anything for Giyuu right now, Giyuu's left hand was severely injured and now, he couldn't move his last 2 fingers now, the nerves were damaged by Nezuko's bite but it was just a secret between Kocho, Giyuu, Sanemi and Ubuyashiki.