Chapter 62

Turning back, they saw Giyuu who was walking out of the forest with Genji in his arms. Sanemi was so happy that he didn't think anymore and hugged Giyuu, who hugged back with his injured hand without thinking too much.

But both of them regretted their actions as sharp pain shooted into their torso due to broken ribs. Their groans just made the child laugh.

"Should we leave?", Tanjiro peeked from behind Sanemi.

Giyuu nodded and looked at Sanemi who was smiling happily for some reason.

Like this, they all started their journey. The whole way Nezuko was with Kanao and Tanjiro and the Hashiras were in their own world, just walking beside each other.

The next morning they reached to the headquarters and found Genya, Aoi and Shinobu already there but sadly, they couldn't rest as a meeting was arranged, Genji was kept with Aoi.

"Congratulations everyone! You have defeated most of the uppermoons and lowermoons.", Oyakata sama congratulated the slayers. "If we can keep up our fighting spirit, I am sure we will soon eliminate Muzan and be able to get rid of all the demons. You all are the strongest Hashiras I have seen till now, I have high expectations for you all.", Ubuyashiki finished with a smile and every slayer present there bowed.

The meeting ended on a good note and everyone was told to rest for some months and all the slayers went to Shinobu's estate.

"Well, seems like I can't handle each of you together.", Shinobu said with a disappointed voice as she faced every Hashira in front of her, she wanted to treat everyone but she couldn't, she himself was injured and Kanao too, Aoi wasn't capable to treat everyone.

"I heard the retired Hashiras are also gathering here for the achievement.", Tanjiro said, as he came in.

"What achievement?", Muichiro asked.

"We eliminated uppermoons and lowermoons.", Obanai replied.

"I know!", Shinobu suddenly jumped as if she just thought of something. "Let's have lunch first, we'll talk about this later.", Shinobu said as she saw the time.

None of the Hashiras argued as they were way too tired from journey and were all injured.

The Hashiras sat around the dining table, Giyuu was carrying Genji and beside him was Sanemi, glaring at Kamado siblings who were on the other side of Giyuu.

"Stop scaring the kids.", Giyuu looked at Sanemi.

"Look who's talking.", Sanemi rolled his eyes, irritated that Giyuu's always taking others' side.

Giyuu just sighed at that and put food on Sanemi's plate and then feeding Genji, maybe it was something small for Giyuu to do but it gave Sanemi butterflies and others a reason to tease the Wind Hashira about.

"I don't wanna eat vegetables!", Genji exclaimed.

"You should eat vegetables, little one, they are good for you!", Rengoku said with his loud voice.

"I also don't like vegetables but they help in growth.", Tengen said and looked at his own plate.

"But they don't taste good!", Genji said to the two Hashiras.

"That's rude. You shouldn't say that.", Tanjiro said.

"They do taste like s--", before Sanemi could complete his sentence, a piece of vegetable was forced into his mouth by Giyuu.

"No cursing in front of a kid.", Giyuu, Shinobu, Rengoku, Tengen, Obanai and Mitsuri said in unison, looking at Sanemi.

Sanemi just nodded and the kid laughed, finally eating vegetables kept on the plate while talking to other Hashiras.