Chapter 75

Sanemi was looking at Giyuu, waiting for his answer but instead of getting an answer, he was pulled down by his neck and Giyuu's lips crashed into his. To say he was shocked was an understatement, he expected Giyuu to just nod as approval or just kick him as a rejection but this was just unexpected. The kiss lasted for a few seconds as Giyuu pulled away in an instant.

"I don't know how to accept a proposal, I only know how to reject, but my answer is yes. I, too, love you. I don't know when my small crush turned into love but now .... You're someone important to me, I don't want to loose you, ever.", Giyuu looked into Sanemi's eyes which were almost tearing up.

"F*** .... I'll cry now ....", Sanemi smiled and kissed Giyuu who kissed back slowly.

After a few minutes Giyuu pulled away.

"I'll go now.", Giyuu said blushing, looking down.

"Why?", Sanemi asked, teasing the shorter.

Without answering, Giyuu pushed Sanemi out of the way and left in a hurry.

As Sanemi saw Giyuu leaving he smiled at himself, touching his own lips, thinking about Giyuu's words.

"Wait .... He knows how to reject.... How many did he reject?!", Sanemi asked himself, blinking at the sudden realisation. "YAAH! TOMIOKA! HIW MANY DID YOU REJECT?!", Sanemi ran after Giyuu.

Little did they knew someone was watching them from the shadows, ready to attack as soon as the night falls.

It was already late in the evening when the Hashiras descended down from the mountain.

"Why are you so quiet?", Sanemi asked Giyuu as he slowly realised how much quieter Giyuu was being.

".... Someone's here.", Giyuu stopped suddenly and squatted down.

"What? What do y--", before Sanemi could finish his question, Giyuu pulled him down.

And suddenly, a demon flew past from above them, it was aiming for Sanemi.

"What the f***?!", Sanemi stood up in an instant as he saw the demon colliding with the tree.

"We have to escape.", Giyuu said and stood up too.

Sanemi took out his sword. "I would rather kill it, it's just a small demon, nothing more.", Sanemi replied and dashed at the demon.

With a swift move, Sanemi cut the demon's neck and it fell to the ground.

"See? Just a normal demon....", Sanemi replied but he heard a growl just behind him and before he could react, Giyuu instantly cut the demon's neck.

"There are more just a single demon.", Giyuu said and both the Hashiras stood up, both of their backs joined.

"Is running away still an option?", Sanemi asked Giyuu as he saw demons coming out of all directions.

"No....", Giyuu replied.

"Good then, let's kill them all now." Sanemi said and ran to attack the demons.

Giyuu sighed and also attacked the demons, following Sanemi closely as they both made their way to the top of the mountain.

"Do you know why we're going that way?", Sanemi asked Giyuu.

"Because I trust my instincts more than you.", Giyuu replied, surpassing Sanemi.