Chapter 37

"YOU!", Akaza yelled with tears in his eyes and tried to punch Giyuu but his both hands were cut off before he could.

Akaza then smiled and said," You surely are worthy of being a Hashira, I wanted you to turn into a demon but I'll kill you now", and his arms regenerated.

"You can't ", Giyuu replied shortly and a fight between 2 of them started. Both of them were attacking each other with so much speed that none of the slayers present there could interfere. All of them watched the fight while standing in their places, not daring to move.

It was as if their hands were moving at a godly speed, the demon and the Hashira, both were getting cuts and bruises but the others couldn't see how, it was all too fast.

Sanemi gritted his teeth, he saw the sun was about to come up after some minutes but the demon was trying to get away, he saw as Giyuu finally struck his sword in the demon's neck but the sword wasn't going to cut after the half. So Sanemi jumped over them and cut the demon's neck from behind from the other side.

Both of their swords met with a clink sound and the demon's body fell on the ground with it's head rolling away.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, his head had a huge cut, face full of bruises and cuts. His uniform sticking to various places on his body and blood coming out from his whole body. He just now noticed but Giyuu's hair which were always tied neatly were now open and freely waved with air.

Giyuu looked at Sanemi, Sanemi's eyes looking worried, Giyuu never thought Sanemi would be worried, he never thought he would be saved by Wind Hashira, he always thought wind Hashira hated him. He saw how even after being covered in numerous scars, Sanemi looked so good, how his eyes expressed the emotions his face never had .... It was as if Sanemi was comforting place in some way.

They both were looking at each other but Giyuu was suddenly punched by the body of the demon and landed on the ground. Everyone there was shocked at that, the demon's head regenerated slowly and now, it had a sinister expression.

Akaza smiled and took steps towards Giyuu, everyone there, too tired to even get up. The sun was almost coming up, but Akaza wanted to kill the demon slayer who killed uppermoon 2 before he died. He wanted to avenge his love. Akaza never got a chance to confess his love to Douma, he wanted to confess after this mission but now, he couldn't.

Giyuu was breathless by the punch which he received in his chest. He saw Akaza was coming towards him and closed his eyes, he couldn't stand up.

Akaza was going to punch the Water Hashira but before he could, the Wind Hashira came and hugged Giyuu. Both of them were on the land, Sanemi knew, if Giyuu took the punch he would die surely, he didn't want Giyuu to die, he never want Giyuu to die.

Akaza looked at the 2 Hashiras on the ground, how they were hugging, how each of them were ready to die for each other without any hesitation and slowly his memories of before he became a demon came.