Chapter 31

Sanemi and Shinobu were fighting from Hantengu's clones, there were 2 of them. Kanao, Nezuko, Inosuke and Zenitsu were fighting from 3 lowermoons. Tanjiro alone was fighting from uppermoon 3. Giyuu glanced at the house where he was from the broken wall, Genya was gaining back his consciousness, his ropes were cut off by Giyuu.

Giyuu looked at Sanemi, who was already looking at him, slowly taking steps towards him. Giyuu didn't know what came over him but he also started going towards Sanemi but before they could meet, a lowermoon attacked Giyuu.

"TOMIOKA! GET AWAY!", Sanemi yelled and attacked the demon. Giyuu jumped, dodging the attack and attacked the demon. Both the Hashiras sliced off the demon's neck in one swift movement, their swords meeting with a rought clink sound in between it's neck.

The demon's head and body fell on the ground and Sanemi came to Giyuu and hugged him, forgetting they were in between of the battle, saving people. He thought he lost Tomioka.

The moment he went inside the tunnels, there were loud thuds all over and the demons beneath the ground came up, attacking everyone. Turning the whole town into a battle ground. He thought he lost Tomioka, his love and Genya, his brother.

The amount of relief he felt by seeing Tomioka alive was almost as if he has won the battle. Tomioka was there with him, alive, breathing in his arms, behind him was Genya, already joining the fight. Sanemi hugged him tighter, he couldn't even focus on the fight, he was preparing himself to see the dead bodies of his loved ones but both of them were alive.

"F***", Sanemi said, feeling the tears in his eyes.

"It's fine....", Giyuu said and patted Sanemi's back. "Let's fight"

"Let's go", Sanemi said and ran towards the lower moons, who were fighting from the junior demon slayers while Giyuu went for lower moon 3.

"TOMIOKA SAN!", Tanjiro yelled, as soon as Giyuu joined the fight with him.

"Another Hashira", said Akaza, smiling to himself. He tried to punch Giyuu's face and Tanjiro's face but his hands were cut off.

He blinked in confusion stopping for some seconds but before he could continue, his torso was cut off, almost separating from his lower body but before another attack could touch him, he jumped back.

"Seems like you're a skilled one", Akaza said regenerating and watching as Giyuu hid injured Tanjiro behind him, finally getting these all attacked were from the water Hashira.

Without any other word, Giyuu again attacked Akaza. Both of them fighting at an insane speed. Tanjiro wanted to join the fight but he couldn't, their skills were on another level. Tanjiro couldn't even help, so instead he went for Hantengu.

"Such a good Hashira! It would be a waste if you died here, as a human, how about becoming a demon?", Akaza asked, regenerating.

"H*** no!", Giyuu said, already disgusted by this question and aimed for the Demon's neck but his sword couldn't even touch the neck and the demon was running to the forest.

As much as Giyuu wanted to chase the demon, he had to save the people. Most of them left the town but the remaining ones were still there, trying to survive and he had to save each one of them.