Chapter 52

Giyuu immediately left from there, he didn't want to hear anything anymore. He heard Sanemi calling for him but he ignored it. He could still hear everything repeating again and again.

Sanemi wanted to go after Giyuu but he didn't, he didn't know if it was appropriate, if Giyuu would want him there. He yelled for Giyuu, hoping Giyuu would turn back and look at him but that didn't happen.

"Do you even know who were you defending?!", Shinobu said in a loud voice to Tengen.

"What do you mean?", Tengen asked Shinobu, standing up.

"That man was Giyuu san's brother-in-law. He was the reason why Giyuu san was hurt. You just said he should've been alive! Do you f****** get that?!", Shinobu yelled at Tengen who was taken aback at the sudden information.

Sanemi suddenly felt his heart sinking down. He rushed towards Giyuu's room, he didn't care if he was invading Giyuu's personal space at this point, he just wanted to be there with him, he wanted to ensure that Giyuu was safe and sound.

He felt everyone's eyes on back but he ignored it, he didn't have time for that.

He ran so fast that he reached to Giyuu's room just before Giyuu could close his door.

Giyuu couldn't even close the door, Sanemi held it before he could and came inside.

"Get out.", Giyuu said and sighed. It was getting too much for him, he couldn't let anyone see his weak side.

"I am sorry, I ....",  Sanemi trailed off, he didn't know why he was sorry or what he should say.

"Why are sorry?", Giyuu smiled sarcastically with a small smile.

"Giyuu ....", Sanemi called Giyuu by his name for the first time and it felt almost magical to him, how smoothly the name rolled off his tongue and how Giyuu flinched at the mention of his name.

Tears were pooling into Giyuu's eyes and Sanemi hugged him without a thought. Giyuu wanted to push Sanemi away, to kick him out of the room but at that moment, he felt himself crumble in Sanemi's arms, he felt comfortable for the first time as if he was in a safe space of his own.

Giyuu took in a sharp breath, trying to calm himself down. Sanemi locked the door behind him and pulled Giyuu closer. Giyuu tugged onto Sanemi's clothes. It all went silent except Giyuu's small gasps.

"I didn't know he was your brother-in-law.", Sanemi said after a long pause.

"He abandoned me and my sister when we were attacked by a demon, just a day before their wedding.", Giyuu said and took in a deep breath.

Sanemi caressed Giyuu's back.

"I was saved by my sister but she died, when I told the villagers, they thought I was lying and thought of me as a mentally unstable person, he could've said something or helped me but he didn't.", Giyuu said, finally breaking down.

"Sorry....", Sanemi said. He didn't know what else to reply.

"They were in love but when it came to saving her, he left us, he could've atleast saved her! She was her future wife!", Giyuu exclaimed and Sanemi knew now, why there was such a hostility.

"He didn't deserve her, she made a wrong choice. It's fine, you're still alive, breathing, you're in your correct mind and slaying demons.", Sanemi held Giyuu's face in his palms and wiped his face, a fresh batch of tears came as soon as older were wiped.

Sanemi lifted Giyuu up and hugged him, slowly sitting on the bed with Giyuu in his lap. Giyuu was way too tired to think about their position or who was with him, he just wanted comfort, he wanted someone to tell him he wasn't alone, he wanted someone to tell him what he did was right and Sanemi did that.

Sanemi was now Giyuu's safe space and maybe more than just a small crush ....