Chapter 38

Akaza remembered how he lost his love when he was a human, how he wanted to spend his life with his love and grow old with her. When he lost his love, he felt as if it was the end of the world.

When he became a demon, he thought Douma was annoying and creepy but he never noticed when he started smiling whenever near uppermoon 2, how the emotionless demon became his emotional support and how this woman eating demon made Akaza fall in love with him. He wanted to stay with Douma forever, as a demon but now Douma was not here.

Akaza looked at the 2 Hashiras on the ground and then at East, slowly the sun came up, every demon slayer present there looked at Akaza, as he smiled with tears streaming down his face.

Akaza was slowly burning as the sunrays started embracing him, it was as if he was getting a warm hug which was painful but will put an end to his sufferings. He threw a last glance at Douma's fan on the ground and then looked above closing his eyes, as if accepting his fate.

The demon burnt away slowly, leaving just his clothes and ornaments behind as if he never existed.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu, whose breathing was much stable now, Giyuu was holding Sanemi's Haori, he himself didn't know why but it felt comforting. All other demon slayers slumped on the ground, finally their exhaustion taking over them.

Sanemi also laid on the ground just next to Giyuu and took deep breaths, both of them still holding on to each other.

A sweet smell suddenly hit their noses as they all looked to the east side, they saw Blue Spider Lilies.

The flowers looked enchanting, almost untrue. The fragrance of the flower was so sweet, so soft, almost as appealing as it's appearance.

Sanemi sat up with Giyuu to see the flowers more clearly and turned to see everyone else but only Giyuu and himself were concious, everyone else was knocked out.

Sanemi was still looking at each one of them as Giyuu stood up, Sanemi looked at him and Giyuu extended his hand towards Sanemi who took his hand without any hesitation. Sanemi stood up and now noticed he had injured his leg. He stood up and walked with help of Giyuu.

Both the Hashiras went towards the flowers, there were only 2 of them but even with just 2 flowers the whole place smelt much better. As if the flowers turned the place into heaven. None of them spoke any word, just started at the flowers.

But the peace wasn't there for a long time, a tree suddenly fell on the 2 flowers. Both the Hashiras flinched and looked to see and saw Obanai standing there surprised.

"I just touched the tree and it fell.", Obanai said as he saw how Sanemi glared at him.

"You're f****** late!", Sanemi grumbled.

"Well, atleast I came!", Obanai said as some other slayers came after him and went towards Tanjiro, Inosuke and Genya.