Chapter 29

Giyuu and Genya

After parting ways with Sanemi and Inosuke, they both were going to the place where there was the explosion yesterday, hoping to find some evidence. Giyuu was walking ahead of Genya who was nervous for some reason.

"Tell me everything", Giyuu said, still walking ahead.

"Huh?", Genya asked, not understanding.

"About you and Shinazugawa san", Giyuu clearly said, knowing Genya wanted a chance to say it all.

"We're brothers", Genya said, waiting for Giyuu to say something but Giyuu stayed silent so he continued," .... Our relationship isn't like those brothers it's a bit complicated, he hates me, I know, but I still want to try to be close to him. I want to prove I am not useless....", Genya said and it was all silent.

"We've reached", Giyuu said and as they got close, a woman greeted Giyuu with a smile.

"You're the boy who saved my child yesterday, thank you for it....", the woman said, trying to reach for Giyuu's hand.

But before she could, Giyuu stepped back, ignoring her gratitude and asked," I want to look at the ruins and ask some questions, can I?". Genya cursed inside his mind for Giyuu's rude behaviour.

"Huh? .... Y-Yes, of course, you can", the woman replied taking back her hand.

Suddenly a child came and hugged Giyuu, he looked down to see the kid he saved yesterday.

"You're that cool guy from yesterday", the child said smiling, remembering Giyuu's help.

Giyuu was about to say something but the woman took the kid in her hands saying,"Sorry, it's my child you saved yesterday".

"It's fine I wanted to ask if there was any suspicious person in this town?", Giyuu asked, now remembering his mission.

"Umm .... Suspicious....", The woman said, trying to remember the people.

Genya and Giyuu were silently staring at her to answer but unexpectedly, the child said," It's that tall uncle!"

"Which uncle?", Genya asked, finally interested in the conversation knowing it's useful information.

"Are you talking about the new neighbour, Genji? .... It's rude", the woman scolded.

"But it's true! He rarely comes out in the day and wanders around in the night. He's so creepy, he was in the school before the blast too!", the boy reasoned with a pout.

"Gen--", the woman was about to say something but Giyuu interrupted.

"Where's his home?", Giyuu asked.

"T-there....", the woman said and pointed to a house almost out of the town. The house was on the boundary, it looked old and creepy.

"Be careful!", the woman said as she saw both of them leaving.

"Thanks", Genya and Giyuu said in unison and left for the house.

When the reached there, Giyuu looked at Genya,"Hide, if anything happens, tell others", Giyuu whispered, even if Genya wanted to fight back he couldn't because Giyuu was already going inside.

The door was unlocked and Giyuu went inside, a man sitting while mumbling something was the first thing he saw before a bad feeling was all over him.

Before Giyuu could say something the man said,"Giyuu! I knew! I knew! You would come! You loved your sister, you can't leave me behind and be strong by yourself!", the man said and turned back with a creepy grin.

"Why are you here?", Giyuu said, taking a step back, his whole body trembling, his past was back, the past he wanted to forget, the past he never wanted to face.

"Oh! Giyuu! Of course, I had to, I am your only family member left now!", the man said with a creepy grin again but this time, before Giyuu could answer, he felt a sharp pain on his forehead before it all went black and he fell down.

He felt warm liquid flowing off and Genya's voice but he couldn't do anything, he was helpless....