Chapter 11

Giyuu's POV

When we finally defeated the demon, all of us were on the floor but suddenly Shinazugawa san came to me and told others to leave, they all left, he looked really pissed off. I still wasn't standing because I somehow twisted my ankle and my whole body was stinging.

Shinazugawa san pulled me up by my collar, I hissed because of the pain but stood up. He said something, I couldn't figure out what he was saying, there was ringing in my ears.

I asked him what was he saying but he again yelled something I couldn't hear and was about to punch me but suddenly I lost my balance and held him for balance but eventually I was on the ground.

Tanjiro came towards us and was saying something, I just saw his friends also coming and then, the pain was all over my body.

It was like I was loosing my senses, I barely felt the touches on my body, I just knew I was being lifted up and then I saw that Shinazugawa san was crying .... He wasn't crying for me, is he?

I just didn't want to close my eyes, Nezuko is still a demon, Tanjiro isn't ready to become a Hashira, I haven't killed an uppermoon yet.... For the first time in many years when I was close to what I thought was death, I wasn't ready to die, I wanted to live....

I don't know when or how but when I was thinking, it all went black. It felt dark, cold and really hostile somehow as if the world wanted me to die, of course, I am not close to anyone, I don't have a family, many hate me, I couldn't save anyone ....

Suddenly, I felt warm all over me, it was like a reassuring hug that was telling me that there were people who cared, people who wanted me to live, I didn't know what came over me, I just wanted to cling onto that touch, never loose that feeling....

End of Giyuu's POV

Sanemi's POV

As soon as the flame went off, Giyuu was somehow looking better, as if he was healed truly but his grip on that demon girl's hand loosened. Instead of checking on him, that girl shook off Tomioka's hand and I don't know what came over me but I caught his hand at that instant and growled towards that girl who just went to her brother happily skipping.

After checking on Tomioka, Shinobu confirmed that he was safe, he was healed and was just sleeping.

Everyone there left, I was just sitting near him, looking at the wrist at my hand, so pale, so thin and so .... soft. I just rubbed my rough thumb on his soft wrist gently. He almost looked like sleeping Beauty. I smiled at myself as I thought how I fell for him long ago.

When I first saw him, I almost thought he was a girl, I just had a crush on him. Then, I watched him, always aloof, away from everyone as if he was arrogant, thought he was best but when I saw Shinobu getting close to him, I thought maybe there was a chance, that I could maybe get his attention.

But he wasn't easy and he only gave attention whenever we fought or else, he just ignored me .... So I used that only way to the attention.

Whenever I saw him fighting, training or just listening, he always looked ethereal, he was always caring towards Shinobu, even though he acted like he didn't like it, he seemed content whenever Shinobu was near him. Now he looked like he cared about that head butting kid and his demon sister.

Can't I be the one he cares about .... ?