Chapter 15

Sanemi's POV

It can't be that bad that I have to rest for 4 months, is it?

The attacks of the demon's are increasing at an alarming rate and their powers have also increased drastically. I can't possibly rest now.

There was a time when I killed demons without any training and now I have to rest for 4 months, no, I can't. I have to save everyone, Genya is still fighting from the demons somewhere, at this rate, he'll die. I have to save him, he's my last family member.

I have to rest for 4 months or else take help from that demon, NO! I CAN'T! I WON'T! She's the thing I hate the most. I can't take help from her. It's a shame! But if I don't, it'll be bad....

Aahhh! So frustrating! I just want to go out but even standing feels almost next to impossible now.

What should I do?....

End of Sanemi's POV

While Sanemi was thinking all this, Giyuu was standing there thinking about how Sanemi was fighting with him even when he was poisoned and probably in pain. He was feeling useless, he felt as if he was not good enough to be called a Hashira, he couldn't even figure out the pain the other was feeling. He didn't want to feel this all.

While Giyuu was thinking this, suddenly he heard shuffling from inside the room and without a thought, he dashed inside the room.

He saw Sanemi was struggling to stand up and without a word, Giyuu helped him. Sanemi wanted to punch Giyuu, shout at him for coming in and push him out but at that moment, the pain he felt was unbearable, he felt as if he'll break his spine any moment now. His back was burning from the moment he undid the bandages but now, it felt worse.

Slowly, Giyuu helped him to stand and made him sit on the bed. Sanemi felt helpless, he was fighting some minutes ago but now, he couldn't even stand on his own, he felt like crying and before he could do anything, tears slowly made their way out of his eyes, rolling down his face.

Giyuu was shocked to see Sanemi cry but he did what he thought the best, he rubbed Sanemi's shoulder with his hand firmly,"It'll be fine.", Giyuu himself didn't know what will be fine but he felt like it was the best thing to say somehow.

Sanemi hummed and held Giyuu's Haori in a tight grip. ".... Where's that head butting kid and his sister!", Sanemi asked after a long pause.

"Tanjiro is practicing, Nezuko is sleeping.", Giyuu replied monotonously.

"F***! I can't believe I am going to get help from a demon!", Sanemi said to himself with a bitter smile, while more tears escaped his eyes.

"You'll be fine.", Giyuu said, this time caressing Sanemi's hair. Sanemi just leaned into Giyuu's hand.

"Say something else too", Sanemi said jokingly, now taking a hold of himself.

".... I'll", Giyuu replied.

After sometime, when Sanemi calmed down fully, Giyuu went to call Tanjiro.

Sanemi just stared at his hand and thought ....

Will it really be fine....?