Chapter 74

When Giyuu finally reached the waterfall he saw Urokodaki had already pushed Sanemi in the waterfall, without any thought Giyuu kept Genji on the ground and ran ahead.

Urokodaki tried to hold back Giyuu when he was running towards the waterfall but all he could catch was the Haori Giyuu was wearing and the Haori was in Urokodaki's hand while Giyuu jumped without even stopping for once.

Sanemi was about to close his eyes, ready to feel immense pain but suddenly he saw Giyuu. The Water Hashira who rarely had any expression looked like he could cry now and the Haori he wore was nowhere to be seen.

Sanemi extended his hand towards Giyuu.

"Water breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance", Giyuu said and slashed his sword swiftly in the mid air, reaching to the bottom before the Wind Hashira.

Sanemi felt small rocks flying away as he landed in the water, he realised they were the rocks were huge stones that were cut into pieces by the Water Hashiras.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Both the Hashiras swam to the bank and sat there, trying to breathe through the pain in the chest due to broken ribs.

"You're both Hashiras, you could have done a lot better.", Urokodaki said as he approached the Hashiras on the ground.

"We're Hashiras not fishes! How can you push me in the waterfall without even my sword?!", Sanemi screamed at Urokodaki.

"Here.", Urokodaki gave the sword back to the Wind Hashira who took it without any word.

"You should be ready for training like this from now on.", Urokodaki said and started to leave.

Sanemi was about to curse again but he felt a warm cloth being wrapped around him from behind. Looking behind, he saw it was Giyuu who had wrapped his Haori around Sanemi.

"You should change your clothes first.", Giyuu said, blushing and looking away.

Sanemi looked at Giyuu and then at himself, he realised, now that his white Haori was wet, his abs and chest were almost visible. Suddenly, Sanemi remembered what Urokodaki had said to him and now he felt more confident. Sanemi looked around, after making sure they were alone, he smirked.

Giyuu turned away and was ready to leave but Sanemi grabbed his wrist, pinning him down to a huge rock.

"What are you doing?", Giyuu looked at Sanemi, clearly confused.

"You really want me to cover up?", Sanemi asked Giyuu and came closer, so close that their noses were almost touching.

Giyuu blushed more and kept his hand on Sanemi's chest to push him back.

"I would rather have you touching me here.", Sanemi held Giyuu's hand on his chest and dragged it to his abs.

"What are you doing, Shinazugawa san?", Giyuu looked away, shutting his eyes.

"Tell me you want me to stop and I'll do it.", Sanemi looked at Giyuu sincerely.

"I....", Giyuu trailed off.

"Tomioka Giyuu, I'm going to say it for the first time now, I love you, I love you from years, for years, I have loved your frown, your monotonous voice, your shy behaviour and your actions, those careful actions that holds a deep meaning. I haven't really prepared anything for this moment but I love you .... It's all I can say, will you accept me?", Sanemi said and looked hopefully at Giyuu.