Chapter 49

"TOMIOKA SAN!", Sanemi heard an annoying voice, he clearly knew it was from the sleeping demon slayer.

"Oh my god! What happened to you, Tomioka san?? Are you fine? Should I call Kocho san??", Zenitsu asked in panic as Giyuu slowly woke up from his sleep.

"I am fine.", Giyuu slowly said and sat up, Sanemi growled at that but sat up too, the moon lighting up the whole lawn.

"You should eat dinner. You didn't have lunch, too.", Zenitsu said.

Giyuu nodded and got up. Sanemi got up too. "Let's go.", Sanemi said and looked at Giyuu.

Giyuu nodded and started going inside but suddenly Zenitsu screamed. "TOMIOKA SAN! THERE'S A BUG ON YOU!".

"Where?! Why?!", Sanemi yelled and started panicking.

"ON HIS HAORI!", Zenitsu yelled and started running here and there.

"WH--", Sanemi was about to yell again but then he remembered, he was a Hashira, he could defeat demons too and it was a small bug only.

Giyuu sighed and took off his Haori, throwing the bug by his hands. "Let's go now?", Giyuu asked them.

Sanemi went in without saying anything, blushing because he was embarassed.

"I-I am sorry, Tomioka san.", Zenitsu bowed as he sensed Giyuu getting irritated.

"It's fine. Let's go inside.", Giyuu patted Zenitsu's head and went inside with him.

When both of them went in, Giyuu was hit with what happened a few hours ago, he felt sick to the stomach. He couldn't get himself to eat something.

"I'll go to my room.", Giyuu said to Zenitsu and went away before Zenitsu could say something.

When Zenitsu came inside the dining hall alone everyone looked at him, mainly Sanemi who was waiting for Giyuu.

"Tomioka san said he didn't want to eat....", Zenitsu said fidgeting with his fingers.

"What? Why?", Sanemi asked, standing up from his seat.

Zenitsu shrugged at that. Sanemi sighed at that, he thought Giyuu was finally feeling good but yeah, he clearly wasn't.

"Lemme take care of it, you should eat.", Shinobu said and stood up, taking some of the food on the table.

Before anyone could say something, Shinobu left.

Sanemi sighed to himself. He wanted to be the only person Giyuu needed but he couldn't, he felt sad, he didn't know at this point, if he could ever get close to Giyuu.

With Giyuu and Shinobu

"Giyuu san~", Shinobu chirped in her sweet voice as she walked into Giyuu's room without any knock.

Giyuu sighed and just looked at her, he was looking at the moon, sitting right next to the window.

"Food delivery for you by your only friend, Kocho Shinobu ~ ", Shinobu gave the food she had to Giyuu who just took it.

"Kocho--", Giyuu was about to say something but was interrupted.

"The moon is beautiful today, isn't it?", Shinobu looked at Giyuu, her eyes held sadness.

"I'll eat, you should go.", Giyuu looked away from her.

Shinobu scoffed at that,"Yeah sure, eat it, I'll leave after you eat.", Shinobu said and sat on Giyuu's bed, she couldn't sit down on the ground as she wasn't healed yet.

Giyuu nodded and started eating, with every bite he took, it was like he would throw up but he ate eventually and it looked like he took too much time as Shinobu slept on his bed.

Giyuu went to put away the dishes and came in, slowly covered Shinobu with his own blanket. Where should I sleep now? .... Giyuu thought to himself.