Chapter 68

When the dinner was served, everyone ate in silence, except Genji who was telling Giyuu stories about how him and Urokodaki played whole day.

After dinner, Giyuu and Sanemi went to sleep in their respective places while Genji decided to sleep with Urokodaki.

Sanemi couldn't sleep, he had been laying there for hours now, he just stared at the ceiling, he couldn't sleep, everytime he slept he was reminded of how he backed off from the mountain. It was a challenge for him and he couldn't do it. He wasn't like this, he should have went forward but he couldn't, he was scared....

"Shinazugawa san.", Sanemi was disturbed by voice of his fellow Hashira.

Sanemi just hummed in response, still staring at the ceiling. He didn't want to show Giyuu how shocked he was by the sudden calling.

"We can do it tomorrow if you sleep well but if you don't sleep well, do you think you'll be able to walk with this state.", Giyuu asked a question but it seemed more like a statement. Sanemi smiled to himself when he realised how much words Giyuu spoke at once.

"I can't ....", Sanemi said, he didn't know what he wanted to refer to but it was the only thing he could get out of his mouth at that time and his smile slowly faded away, now replaced by a doubtful expression.

Suddenly Sanemi heard shuffling and saw Giyuu had pulled his blanket closer to Sanemi.

"What are you doing?", Sanemi shifted to give Giyuu space to move closer while asking.

"Don't worry, I'll help you.", Giyuu said and even though Sanemi couldn't see Giyuu's face in the dim light, he knew Giyuu was having an expression of determination.

"Thanks Tomioka.", Sanemi said and held the edge of Giyuu's blanket, this time Sanemi could sleep, without any reminder of the day, he slept peacefully.

Next day when Giyuu woke up, he saw that Sanemi wasn't beside him, it was even earlier than yesterday but it looked like Sanemi had already woken up. Giyuu hurriedly got ready and went out only to find Sanemi practicing with his sword. Instead of greeting Sanemi Giyuu stood in his place, watching Sanemi, the white haired Hashira looked handsome, even with scars covering his whole face. Not only was he handsome, he was well built, skilled and stronger than Giyuu. Giyuu didn't even realise himself when he zoned out while thinking about the wind Hashira.

"Awake?", Sanemi asked Giyuu with a smirk.

Giyuu looked away from Sanemi and nodded with a slight blush.

"Let's go now, I'll atleast cover half of the mountain today.", Sanemi said and held Giyuu's hand, dragging him.

Giyuu smiled at the skinship and he felt happy by how much determined the wind Hashira was,"Sure!", Giyuu replied with enthusiasm and Sanemi looked at Giyuu who was smiling widely with a soft blush spreaded across his face, Sanemi knew what was coming next but he couldn't control himself.

"Your nose is bleeding again, Shinazugawa san.... "