Chapter 2

As I said before, my hobby was reading. There was no smartphone, no computer, and no TV here, so I naturally took up reading as a hobby.

When they say it's not fun, you can ask if you haven't written your own fantasy novel, but that's only limited to 'novels.'

Because this was a fantasy world, there were different races and monsters, as well as adventurers who enjoyed exploring the unknown. Besides, because there was a 'god,' myths were widespread.

And I enjoyed reading adventurers' exploration stories, autobiographies, and myths.

An autobiography or myth written by an adventurer was enough to make me feel like I was reading a fantasy novel. Others, of course, will dismiss it as a diary or a boring myth.

'The portrayal still appears to be that of a beggar.'

Furthermore, the descriptions were abysmal. To put it mildly, it was intuitive.

Assume your autobiography included a line about discovering a monster or a plant. The description simply stated that something was discovered, with a brief explanation.

As a result, whenever I read an adventurer's autobiography, I brought along an illustrated book. The illustrated book included pictures and explanations, making it ideal for imagining.

"Master Isaac. It's time to eat."

"Yeah. Leave it there."

"I..."

While reading the book, the maid who had brought my lunch in a tray hesitated. What? I took my eyes off the book.

The brown-haired maid in a cute outfit looked at me and cautiously opened her mouth.

She said, "The hostess has instructed me to come and see Master Isaac finish his meal..."

"... ..."

"She said reading is good, but you have to be strict with meals."

"Ehh... Okay."

I had no choice but to close the book silently because I was really eager to watch it to the end.

Then, as the maid began to place food on my desk, I set aside the old manuscript. The maid's gaze naturally followed me as I put the manuscript away.

"... ..."

In fact, this maid had no idea I was the author of Xenon's biography. Only my family was aware that I had written the Xenon biography.

When someone other than you discovers a secret, it was no longer a secret, but what could I do? The secret would never be revealed as long as my parents did not make a mistake.

I stored the manuscript in a desk drawer in case something went wrong. Furthermore, until tightly sealed with a padlock.

Well. It's perfect. Now all that remained was to enjoy the delicious meal.

"I ate it all."

"You should have broccoli, too."

"I don't want to."

Give me some red pepper paste. I don't like raw broccoli.

The maid took a deep breath as I vehemently refused. I looked like a child complaining about side dishes.

"Then thank you. Oh, how about today's newspaper?"

"Here it is."

After that, she put the empty bowls on the tray and went outside. As soon as she left, I unlocked the drawer, took the manuscript out of it, and placed it on my desk.