Chapter 38: Group Assignment (2)

What kind of absurd probability is this? As soon as I heard Cecily's name called out last, my eyes widened. It couldn't be anything but an incredible coincidence.

What is the probability that those three and Jackson will be in the same group? Unless the lottery was fixed, it's almost impossible to believe even if it's not entirely impossible.

After Professor Beerus called out Cecily's name, I was momentarily stunned and looked back. Seeing that Cecily and Rina had similar expressions, it was clear that they were also very surprised.

'Did he really manipulate it?'

This raised a reasonable suspicion. It's one thing if only one person is chosen, but it's hard not to think that way when three people end up in the same group.

Then, when Professor Beerus started calling the next names, I checked Marie's reaction before looking for Jackson.

The fact that Jackson, Rina, and Cecily ended up in the same group would be like a bolt from the blue to her. It was these three people who ended up in the same group, not anyone else.

As I had expected, Marie was clearly showing her disbelief with her slightly open mouth. Even I was in awe of the reality that was so hard to believe right now, so it must have been even more shocking for her.

The difference is that I am in a position to watch from across the river while she is struggling in the fire.

'Consolation... I'd rather not do it.'

In a situation like this, it's wise to just keep your mouth shut. It was already unlucky for her to end up in the same group as Jackson, and now that Rina, who could make things even worse, is also in the same group, it's better not to say anything to her.

Moreover, after the meeting, her gaze towards Cecily was not really good. Although it's not as obvious as her blatant dislike for Rina, she has been wary of her.

'It will be difficult.'

It's not just at a difficult level, it's a hell level party. Marie is from the Requilis family, which is committed to practicing noblesse oblige, so she tends to take action on her own, but what about other people? The question came up of itself.

The princess of the Minerva Empire, the princess of Helium, and the son of a wealthy count.

These three individuals were probably more likely to instruct others rather than to do things themselves. Especially among them, Rina would have had the strongest tendency towards that, as her position was more befitting of a 'leader'.

In other words, she tends to finish her work efficiently by having someone suitable do the job rather than acting in person, but in other words, she is likely to have a free ride in the group project.

"...Will he really not change it?"

As time passed, Marie muttered with a frustrated expression, having to come to terms with an unbelievable reality. I could fully sympathize with her, but I didn't console her. I just looked at her with a gaze of sympathy.

Although I felt sorry for Marie, the professor had emphasized last time that there would be absolutely no changing of team members, and that if such behavior were discovered, they would be mercilessly punished.

It's better not to think that it's enough if you don't get caught. Even if the professor is not a strict person, if caught, there will be a tremendous risk. It is inevitable that rumors will spread within the class and perhaps you would even receive the lowest grade.

"That concludes all the team assignments. As I have emphasized before, it is impossible to change team members, and if caught, you will face severe punishment. Please be careful."