Chapter 173: Book 14 (2)

As the 14th volume was released, I suddenly had a thought. Perhaps, by now, the world might hate me. Luminous and Mora may have different perspectives, but from my point of view, it's hard not to think that way. The contamination of the World Tree's roots, devil summoning, reapers, mana engine, and so on – there were already enough headaches with all these elements, and now people are making a fuss about forbidden magic and whatnot.

I merely wrote the novel based on my imagination, but now that those imaginings have manifested into reality, it feels surreal and overwhelming. Maybe it's time to give up. Why should my imagination turn into reality anyway? What's the point?

What's even more distressing is that even if I deny being responsible for those events, nobody will pay attention to my excuses. The incidents have been piling up consecutively, making it hard to dismiss them as mere coincidences. The only silver lining is that some factions acknowledge the danger of the knowledge I possess and attempt to exclude it. However, they surfaced momentarily, facing fierce criticism, before retreating back into obscurity. In truth, I've faced resentment and jealousy before, so it didn't bother me much.

However, now the scope seems to have broadened slightly. While it was common for novelists to criticize me in the past, now even nobles were getting involved.

And they thought just like those at Alvenheim. 'If one knows forbidden magic, wouldn't they also know other dangerous knowledge?', like that.

Before Alvenheim, Xenon had faced many situations where he was mocked and even attacked by human nobles. He found himself cornered in various ways.

As a result, some prominent figures spoke harshly, but they soon met with backlash and faded away. However, the cautionary atmosphere remained, and it weighed heavily on my shoulders. What started as a hobby, writing novels, became a burden because I didn't know what might become reality in the future, making it difficult to continue.

I even had to contemplate completely revising the part about the beastmen I had carefully planned. But it's tough to get into that part of the story as well.

I had no choice but to think about whether I should continue writing steadily while clearing my mind or take a break for a while.

[Isn't it better to keep going like this? Whatever you write from now on, I'm sure it will have meaning.]

'You're just piling on the burden without giving any advice.'

[Even if I wanted to help you, neither you nor I can do anything, right? The future that's already set in stone can only be prepared for, not stopped.]

In the end, I visited Mora to receive advice and gain divine power for the night activities with Cecily, but it yielded little.

According to what Mora told me, the signs of devil summoning were just the beginning, these events were already destined to happen.

One of the reasons I answered "I don't know" when asked about fusion was because of this situation. I had no idea what would happen in the already fixed future.

[Didn't you have such a saying on Earth? 'First, poop. Then you'll become famous. Right?]

'Become famous first. Then even if you poop, people will applaud you. What will happen if you just poop carelessly? They'll treat you like a crazy person.'

[Oh, I see. But as long as they understand, it's fine!]

Sigh-

I let out a deep sigh in my heart. Anyway, there's a very high chance that from now on, regardless of what I write, people will try to figure out if it's true or false, just as Mora said. They treat the novel as if it were an actual prophecy, not just a work of fiction.