Chapter 145: Rewriting (3)

I have been mentioning this consistently, but I was appointed as a recommended student, so if I only take history classes, I will not only receive credits but also be treated as a third-year student right away.

I don't know how disappointed the professors, including Professor Birus, whom I had built some rapport with, were when I told them about this fact. Especially Professor Birus seemed the most regretful, and he even suggested that I consider taking a double major in turn.

However, I politely declined because I wanted to focus solely on history rather than literature. Professor Birus's expression at that time was truly heartbreaking.

Of course, I don't only take history classes. Occasionally, I also take the classes I want. Nevertheless, most of them are closely related to history, so I take them for the purpose of acquiring knowledge.

Moreover, I can freely come and go to Professor Elena's research lab and even receive texts from the Sanctuary through Siris. It means that I never lack knowledge.

Anyway, I can say that history is the only subject I concentrate on. I probably ask the most questions and give presentations diligently.

Since I will have much more time to meet Professor Elena during my time at the academy, it seems like a good idea to earn points, so I am working hard.

"Poke. Poke."

However, it seems that my girlfriend, who doesn't like history, was bored. While I was taking notes, Marie pressed my cheeks with her fingers.

I felt a pleasant sensation as if a cat was kneading my cheek. While I was taking notes, I glanced at her and asked quietly.

"What are you doing?"

"Just because you're handsome."

She answered like that and lightly pinched my cheek. In the past, I would have been embarrassed by such affectionate behavior, but now I could pass it off casually.

During the lecture given by Professor Elena, Marie expressed her desire for this time to pass quickly by pressing my cheek with her fingers or fidgeting with my fingers.

Holding hands was the most common occurrence for us, and other students were aware that we were in a romantic relationship, so they just overlooked it.

Initially, there were whispers about Marie playing around or me blackmailing her, but as I grew rapidly, such talk ceased. Moreover, when rumors spread that I was appointed as a recommended student, everyone accepted it.

Swift-

Marie's hand, which used to hold mine and fidget with the ring finger, moved under the desk. Eventually, she placed her hand gently on my thigh and caressed it.

I could only respond with a bitter smile as I felt it. This act of Marie placing her hand on my thigh and caressing it was a kind of signal.

Although everyone knows what that signal means, there are many occasions when she does it without any warning, causing many awkward situations.

Marie's sexual desire doesn't seem to diminish. It was as if she even tried to distract herself from school by further fueling it. Despite diligently taking birth control pills, it wasn't an issue yet. If it weren't for that, we might have had a child by now.

Grab

Before Marie's hand could reach the center, I grabbed her wrist. If I had let it go it would have meant it's fine, but my response meant not today.

Marie looked at me with a mixture of disappointment and curiosity. I'm sorry for her, but there's someone I need to meet after class.

"I think today will be a bit tough. I have things to do."