Chapter 28: Gathering (3)

Initially, a person's first impression lasts a long time. If you have a good first impression of someone, you will like that person until a certain incident occurs, and if you have a bad first impression, that bad impression won't go away no matter how much good the person does afterward—the so-called 'colored glasses', which have a huge impact on human relationships that cannot be ignored.

And Jackson has a grudge against me, so no matter what I do, he'll hate me.

"Do you know him?" Nicole asked me in an awkward atmosphere. She's quick-witted, so she must have noticed Jackson's discomfort with me.

In the first place, her question was 'someone I know', not 'friend.' Well, I nodded my head because she was right about the certain someone I know.

"Yeah. We both are Academics students."

"Ah, right..."

"Don't think that you and I are on the same level. It's just disgusting." Before Nicole could speak, Jackson's rant pierced our ears. Nicole blinked, wondering if she had heard the words correctly.

Meanwhile, Jackson was expressing his displeasure as if the verbal abuse he had just hurled were obvious and true. I was aware that he was steeped in 'chosen people' ideology, but I didn't know he would say it so openly in this way.

Jackson went on, "I'm just in a bad mood. Anyway, how much is this and that?"

"Huh? That... It's 27 gold and 59 silver in total..."

In Korean currency, one piece of gold was worth about 100,000 won. And 1 gold equals 100 silver, so it was roughly around 2.76 million won.

Jackson expressed his displeasure at the exorbitantly high price, but then opened his mouth and stated that he didn't care about the price. "Tsk. The design sucks, and it's needlessly expensive. Anyway, Rex, pay the price and follow me."

"All right."

Perhaps wanting to get out of the gloomy atmosphere as soon as possible, he threw off his flashy costume and gave an order to the attendant named Rex. Rex picked up the robe that Jackson had thrown on the floor.

Then, as Jackson instructed, he took a pouch from his pocket, counted the gold coins one by one, and handed them to the sales lady.

"Here is 28 gold. Keep the balance."

"Ah. Th-Thank you."

"What are you doing?! Aren't you coming already?!"

Although the attendant was not slow, Jackson let out a high-pitched voice filled with annoyance. While the employee flinched at the needlessly-high voice, Rex responded without blinking, as if this were the norm.

"I'm sorry, Young Master."

"Hurry up quickly. And..." Jackson changed his mind and turned to face me. Despite the harsh gaze, I remained unimpressed and unaffected. After staring at me for a while, he glanced at Nicole standing next to me.

Then he sarcastically raised the corner of his mouth and said, "Could it be that you came to buy a suit with your sister? You're not going to attend the freshman meeting, are you?"

"Oh yes, I am."

"........."

It's not necessary to say much to a guy like this, and it's best to respond to sarcasm with a blunt answer. As I replied so, Jackson's eyes twitched as I took his attitude in casually.

Jackson's expression broke for a moment, but he soon opened his mouth with a mocking laugh. "...Yes. You'll know when you attend. You'll soon realize it's just not your place to attend."