Chapter 27: Gathering (2)

As Rina mentioned, the academy announced that a freshman gathering has been scheduled. I'm sure no students are unaware because the notice has been posted on the bulletin board in the hallway like a poster. I also read the notices posted on the bulletin board one by one and quickly checked the detailed schedule and location of the event.

The gathering will take place next Saturday in the auditorium where the entrance ceremony was held. It is entirely up to me whether or not to attend, but I believe it is in my best interests to do so due to Rina's pressure.

"What? You're thinking of going to the freshman gathering?"

"Yes."

Time flew by and the weekend quickly approached.

After doing some simple calisthenics, then doing more writing, I headed to the training hall to meet up with Nicole. She had just finished doing lots of sparring and her whole body was covered in sweat.

At my words, Nicole wiped away her sweat using a towel and asked in a slightly uncomprehending voice, "All of a sudden? I thought you'd hate that?"

"Something happened and I, ah, just decided to attend."

"...what happened?"

For a moment, Nicole's voice became a little cold. At the same time, her golden eyes visible through the moving towel wiping her face turned fierce. Since she's my big sister and she adores me, she knew something had happened to me.

I opened my mouth quickly when I saw Nicole's dangerous expression. I felt compelled to be cautious with my sister with my every word, explaining, "Noo-noona, there's nothing to worry about. I'm attending out of curiosity."

To my hasty lie, Nicole replied in a tone that she still didn't believe me, yet she moved on anyway. "...That's all right, then. Is the reason you came to me because you wanted to ask about the gathering?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm... The gathering, huh..." Nicole began to think as she wiped more sweat off her face. I waited for her to say something.

"Hey~"

"Yes?"

As I stood there waiting, a familiar voice entered my ears. It had a husky but boyish tone to it. When I turned my head, I saw Nicole's friend, Adelia, approaching us from a distance. She, too, appeared to have finished all her sparring and sweat was pouring down like rain.

"What were you talking about? Let me in, too."

"Eh."

Adelia soon arrived, wrapped one sweaty arm around my neck, and began treating me in a friendly manner. I was more than embarrassed by the sudden skinship. The reason for this may be skinship, but Adelia's outfit was also the problem. Currently, Adelia was wearing a so-called sleeveless shirt.

Not only could I feel the soft touch of her bare skin, but the subtle body scent mixed with sweat stimulated my sense of smell. It was extremely stimulating for me, who had no contact with people of the opposite sex other than my family.

It was even more embarrassing in my previous life because I didn't interact much then either due to the shock of my parents' deaths.

"Hey! What are you doing? Get away from my brother right away!" Nicole yelled at Adelia's unexpected closeness with me and pulled me away from her. My neck was freed from Adelia's possessive grasp thanks to her, but I couldn't stop my face from heating up.

Despite Nicole's condemnation, Adelia laughed and shrugged. "Are you afraid I'm going to do something stupid to your dear brother? Don't worry. Your brother is cute, but he's not my type."