Chapter 48: Seven Deadly Sins (1)

After the storm, the sky is always clear. As if nothing happened after a storm that seemed to sweep away everything, only a peaceful atmosphere remains at the scene.

However, the storm is powerful enough to sweep away everything in its place. The trunk of a giant tree deeply rooted in the ground was weakly broken in half, and the civilization that people have built was relentlessly destroyed by the power of nature.

So people endure the storm to see the endlessly clear blue sky. Whether the storm is a literal storm or another kind of storm.

I too almost collapsed like a tree trunk in the storm, but I was barely able to withstand it thanks to Nicole's sincere comfort. After that, only a clear sky without a single cloud shone on me, giving me a refreshing feeling.

Currently, Xenon's Biography is in the process of writing its 9th volume, and if writing continues up to the 10th volume, it will take about a year to complete. And since I decided to take a break until my 3rd year of high school, my period of rest is guaranteed for at least a year.

For some reason, perhaps because of that thought, I was able to write my manuscript smoothly. Although I have a terrifying concentration that once I grab something, and I see it through to the end, there is another reason why I have become more resilient.

[Ah Isaac, I heard news from your sister. The prince and princess are looking for you. Fortunately, they mistook me for you as the author, so that's a relief. However, I also heard that you're feeling down. I would love to visit the academy, but I don't have the time. (Omitted). Our family supports you completely. Even if your writing isn't going well, we don't mind. All we want is for you to not forget to smile. Don't be too upset by using me as a shield. I'll gladly be your shield. A father is someone who his children can rely on.]

It was a letter that arrived from home a few days later, a letter that contained my father's sincere words.

He usually writes simple letters that are easy to understand, but this time my father sent me a long letter that was almost as long as my mothers's, and I couldn't help but shed a tear as I read it.

I am both happy and sorry to know that I have such reliable people in my life. I wonder what these simple words mean to them. "Xenon's Biography", a new work, or my studies. I am my parents' proud son.

Thanks to this determination, I achieved the feat of writing the ninth volume in just one month, which was originally expected to take two months. I checked carefully for any mistakes due to writing too quickly and sent it home.

As an extra precaution, I included an explanation for the coffee stains on the manuscript, so that my parents, who love their children so much, would not misunderstand.

But as a month passed, things had also changed. Just like how a daunting task of assignments and exams awaited college students during that one month, it was the same for academy students.

"How was the exam?"

"Well... it was a bit difficult. I guess there are limits to just memorizing things. The topics were something I couldn't even imagine."

It was the day of the history exam that everyone had been so nervous about.

Cecily and I were discussing the exam outside the classroom after we had both finished.

Cecily had a slightly disappointed expression, indicating that the exam had been more difficult than she had anticipated. As she said, the history exam was not just about memorizing historical facts.

Professor Elena had laid a foundation of historical knowledge during her lectures and explained what could be learned from history and what should be learned. It was like a lecture that focused on the subject of history itself rather than just historical knowledge.