Chapter 17: Offer (1)

If you were to ask me what I've been interested in since being reincarnated here, I'd say 'History.'

Consider this. It was filled with new histories, not the ones I had grown up with.

World War I or World War II which changed the fate of the earth had disappeared, and there was no General Yi Sun-sin and King Sejong who overturned the fortunes of the Republic of Korea.

In fact, rather than saying no, it was a phenomenon caused by the planet itself, but it is still very interesting. In my previous life, I used to look up the history I was interested in not only on the internet but also in books.

So when I was at home, I read novels, and if I couldn't stand it, I read through history books several times. Unlike novels, history has clear causes and effects, and although it was subjective, it contains various contents, so it was enough to arouse interest.

'There are a lot of books in the library. I want to read them quickly.'

Just like in my previous life, it was Tuesday today, the day after Monday.

While waiting for the history class to begin, I jotted down my notes. Thanks to yesterday's mistake, I brought my lecture notes today.

The history of the world, which I had organized separately, was analyzed in the lecture notes, but it was not just the history of a single country.

In terms of past life, it was an analysis of what happened during 'World War II,' what battles took place, and who was involved.

And, just like World War II on Earth, there was a 'Tribal War' in this world as the conflict between tribes intensified. This is a major event that occurred exactly 300 years ago, and it was fought regardless of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Beastmen, or Demons.

'It's hard to analyze because it's a war between races and not between humans.'

Despite having superior abilities to other races, elves are often self-sufficient due to their unique ideology of selection, ignorance, and arrogance.

The reason the dwarves sided with humans was simple. Because the human population was overwhelming, they bought the most Dwarf weapons and had a strained relationship with the elves.

At that time, the beastmen were treated as a slave by humans and allied themselves with the elves, while the demons were divided into two factions, 'Anger' and 'Temperance', and fired magic at each other.

What the two races had in common was that they had suffered great damage from humans. After that, the relationship between humans and beastmen deteriorated further, and even after the generation of elves changed, they were still on the wrong side.

But, of course, the most complex of these were human beings. Although it may seem like they were colluding on the outside, there were many cases where all kinds of politics and conspiracy tricks were rampant on the inside, and there they ate their own flesh.

In addition, a 'Hero' who always appears in difficult times appeared and made a mark in history.

'Each race suffered significant damage, but the Dwarfs, unsurprisingly, benefited the most. Because they made a lot of money and had few casualties.'

What if the other race touched Dwarves? Perhaps the tribal war would have very likely tilted to one side, and not ended with a draw with scars.

'But what the hell happened to the elf that collapsed on its own? Did I look down on them too much?'

There were several large-scale battles in the tribal war, and there are books containing the process leading up to the battle. As I read these books, I couldn't help but have a lot of questions.