Chapter 81: Requilis (5)

From then on, I had various conversations with Dimitri, and the field that we delved into the most deeply was undoubtedly history. Dimitri boasted a wide range of knowledge as a Duke of Requilis, and I also had a considerable amount of knowledge that was not inferior to a professor despite not being at a professorial level.

Thanks to this, there was never a lull in the flow of our conversation, and it went on for so long that Marie even expressed her boredom.

In particular, Dimitri had a deep knowledge of the culture of other countries. He explained in detail why that culture came about, and what form it has taken up to the present day.

I took out my magic pen and notebook that I always carried with me, as if I couldn't miss this unexpected opportunity, and recorded diligently.

Even though I had read a lot of books compared to my peers, there were many ways in which I was lacking in accurately grasping the culture of other countries.

"Do you always carry a pen and notebook with you?"

Dimitri glanced at my magic pen as I was taking notes, and raised one eyebrow.

He seemed interested in my habit of recording in a notebook rather than just looking at the pen.

I stopped recording for a moment and answered in a blunt voice.

"Yes. I have a habit of recording important information so that I don't forget it."

"You have really developed a great habit. My daughter should learn that too."

"Hmph. I don't forget what I've heard at least once, you know?"

Upon hearing Dimitri's complaint, Marie quickly turned her head and expressed her dissatisfaction. She had no choice but to complain because he treated her like a sack of barley while only talking about boring history.

"Did that kid ask you to borrow the notebook?"

"Hey!"

Marie immediately yelled, interrupting his unnecessary question.

I laughed a little at Marie's reaction, who couldn't hide her shame and was huffing with her face completely red.

Dimitri also burst into a rare hearty laughter. Only Marie couldn't laugh within the cheerful atmosphere.

Knock-knock-

"Master, it's almost lunchtime now."

Sebastian's voice came from outside the door, interrupting the good atmosphere. Both Dimitri and I checked the clock in the guest room.

Was it right to say that they didn't even realize time was passing? Upon checking the time, it was already approaching lunchtime.

Sebastian must have known that I would not eat lunch and just go home. However, it seemed like he wanted to confirm that lunchtime was approaching.

Dimitri pursed his lips as lunchtime was approaching and looked at me.

"Is it really that time already? Are you really leaving without having lunch?"

"Yes. I want to see my family as soon as possible. I plan to get takeout and leave."

"Just take the food our chef made and don't spend money. I'll tell him to prepare separately."

"If that's the case, thank you."

"Sebastian."

Upon my approval, Dimitry called Sebastian, who was waiting outside the door, into the room. Sebastian came in and approached Dimitry's side.