Chapter 94: Adelia (1)

If someone were to ask me what the closest yet most complicated relationship in the world is, I would answer without hesitation that it is blood ties.

As the word suggests, blood ties are relationships that are inseparable, but ironically, they can also be relationships that are worse than those of others. It is also a rule that there are virtues and responsibilities that must be observed even among family members, like the word "paelyun" (immorality) suggests. The moment one violates this, they become "immoral" and commit a great sin as a human being.

Unfortunately, there are countless people in this world who abandon their responsibilities to their families. Furthermore, in the medieval period where the characteristics of a class society and the concept of human rights were rare, this point is even more pronounced. It is common to discard a child who is not of one's own blood and to engage in family infighting in order to inherit a title.

From ancient times, people have tried to avoid fighting among blood relatives as much as possible, but when blinded by greed, blood ties mean nothing.

Like this, family ties can become a target of hatred, even worse than others, and unfortunately, there are often cases where lingering attachment remains in such situations.

'I had a rough idea, but...'

I looked at Adelia's face, who was beyond nervous. Her sky-blue eyes and even her lips were trembling uncontrollably.

From the cold sweat pouring down her face, anyone could tell that she was experiencing a serious anxiety attack. Considering Adelia's normally carefree personality, it was so different from her usual self that it seemed like a completely different person.

And the reason why she was shaking so much was because of the three men and women facing us. They were probably the royal family members of the Ters Kingdom who attended the exhibition.

Their eyes, as well as their hair, were sky-blue, reminiscent of the blue sky, and their noble demeanor naturally flowed out.

"Red hair... Are you from the Michelle family?"

The man murmured first when the subtle confrontation continued, and I couldn't even speak. But thanks to him murmuring loud enough for me to hear, I was able to get an opportunity to speak. So I let go of Adelia's hand gently.

Of course, I didn't forget to check her condition even as I let go of her hand. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't get any words out, so I kept opening and closing my mouth repeatedly.

From this, it was clear that there were complicated circumstances between her and the Ters royal family members.

"Pardon me. I am Isaac Ducker Michelle, the second son of the Michelle family, who organized this exhibition. It is an honor to meet the sky of Ters Kingdom."

"Hmm. I am Laos Dukeard von Kurchers, the rightful heir to the Ters Kingdom."

Following etiquette, I greeted the man politely and he introduced himself in a confident and assertive voice. Even as he introduced himself, his gaze was fixed on Adelia.

Next to Laos, the woman also introduced herself in a deep and monotonous voice. "Hiliya Dukeard von Kurchers. Lara, come on."

At the same time, Hiliya, who had been holding onto the girl's shoulder, called out her name. The girl, with her doll-like appearance, opened her eyes wide at Hiliya's call and quickly took action.

"Oh, yes! Nice to meet you. I am Lara Dukeard von Kurchers, the 3rd princess of the Ters Kingdom."

She politely greeted us while lifting the edges of her dress slightly.