Chapter 194: Bad Luck (1)

Some people might wonder if I wasn't trying to hide my identity. Or that I easily admitted it with such evidence.

Honestly, I originally intended to persist until the end. I was tired of the situation getting complicated for no reason. But it seemed that Cherry's mental state was more serious than I thought, so I had no choice but to reveal it discreetly, considering it as saving one person. It wasn't an empty statement,if I had pretended not to know back then, she might have been discovered in our dorm as a lifeless body.

If that had happened, I would have carried guilt for the rest of my life. Trauma from my past life of losing parents in a single day was already enough.

'I should gradually tell others about it.'

After the counseling that was not counseling with Cherry ended, my daily routine remained the same.

After having a simple meal with acquaintances, I would go on a date with Marie or Cecily. After the date, depending on our circumstances, we would either return to our respective rooms or head to an inn. The lessons that followed the next day and the day after that continued just like the first day. This was true for the second year as well.

The repeating classes could have become slightly boring, but I was too busy to even notice. Instead, there were faces I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Isaac? Are you really Isaac?"

With dark brown hair, eyes, a sharp jawline, and overall a sharp and cold image, he was a cool handsome man.

I met Edin Mavi Signer, the eldest son of Count Signer, whom I had a connection with during the freshman event.

Naturally, we could only meet briefly after all the classes were over. Elena didn't say anything, knowing that today's classes had come to an end.

"Although I'm a bit different from the welcome party, it's still Isaac."

"Yeah. You've changed a lot from back then. I've seen someone with red hair occasionally, but I never thought it was you."

As I shrugged in response, Edin looked me up and down in amazement. Back during the freshman event, I was barely over 170 cm tall, but now I had easily surpassed 180 cm. My physique had developed nicely, and after consistent exercise, my muscles had become firm.

Unlike a year ago when I was extremely frail, my father's genes had manifested themselves rather late, which contributed to the change. Edin had grown taller and his shoulders had broadened slightly in the past year, but he hadn't undergone as dramatic a transformation as I had.

"What's with the hair? It's gotten really long since I last saw you. Were you always a fast grower?"

"Yeah, something like that. Anyway, nothing major happened to you?"

"Well, not really. But you're already performing your duties as an assistant?"

"The professor is giving me the opportunity. Have you been reading books lately?"

"Of course."

Edin and I could engage in various conversations. We both knew that we were avid readers, so our conversations never ran dry. Occasionally, people who seemed to be Edin's friends would approach, but as soon as they realized the topic was related to books, they quickly moved away.

"What's your sister up to these days? Is she still performing her assistant duties?"

"No, she went to take the Navy Knight Order entrance test. It's about time for her to come back..."

Nicole said it would take about a month, so she should be back soon. She'll probably come back wearing the Navy Knights uniform that they provide. I'm really curious about the Navy Knights' uniforms, I heard they're supposed to be quite stylish. Maybe she'll visit the mansion first to see our parents before coming to the academy.